Dessert Parties canceling?

Sorry to ask more questions, but can you book a dessert party the day of?
I am considering adding Star Wars our last night in the parks. However, I am not sure how many of our group will be up for it at the end of my boot camp style vacation. How far in advance do I need to book it?
Or maybe I book it now and cancel it. Does anyone have experience reducing the number of people on a dessert party.

1 Like

I don’t know the cancellation policy offhand, but I believe it’s either 24 or 48 hours. I would go ahead and book it. They sell out sometimes.

This is the notes on my HEA dessert party:

Reservation must be cancelled at least five days prior to avoid FULL per person cancellation and/or no show fee. Plan to arrive 1 hour prior to Fireworks times to check-in and allow up to 1.5 hours to travel to your destination when using Disney Transportation. Fireworks times are subject to change without notice and need to be confirmed on the day of the event in the Times Guide upon arrival in the Park. Valid Theme Park Admission is required. This event will operate rain or shine, even if the Fireworks are cancelled. Menu items, pricing, and hours are subject to change without notice and gratuity is not included or required. This experience does not accept Disney Dining Plan. A special event ticket will be required on nights during any Hard Ticket Event Nights.

Wow that will be a little harder to cancel. Will need to consider this more.

My bad. Sorry.

I don’t know if the HEA dessert party policy is the same or different as HS. Hopefully someone who has done HS will let us all know.

I will say that we really enjoyed the Star Wars Dessert Party. It was fun interacting with the stormtroopers and not having to wait to see Kylo Ren. The lines were pretty short for Chewie and BB-8 too. There was a nice selection of food/dessert as well.

We would be doing it again on our next trip, but it will be Jingle Bell Jingle Bam instead. Assuming they have the party again this year, we will be trying that.

2 Likes

Thanks, @kerrilux_625778 I was on the fence about it. I think I will schedule it.

1 Like

I went through the motions of booking a reservation, and didn’t see the answer until the very last step just before you finalize the reservation:

1 Like

This was for the SW one? It’s interesting that it has a different cancellation window, but then it’s not HEA. I got my wording from my confirmation email.

Yes, that was from the Guest Policy when booking SW:AGSDP at DH

You are correct about HEA Dessert: here’s the Guest Policy from that:
My guess (and only a guess) is that the popularity of the HEA dessert party warrants a more rigid cancellation policy.

1 Like