Deluxe DVC Rental

If you’re looking to rent, I’ve actually been renting from a woman in WI, the last couple times. It’s a bit cheaper than the big sites, and I think she does this as a business, so no worries about some random person cancelling on you. We’re going in Oct this year, and she said she had no problem getting rooms at AKL, even in the 7 month timeframe.
She’s got home resorts at a number of places - AKL and BLT for sure, I’d have to check on the others. So, if you know already, she can book something in the 11 month timeframe.
(I don’t know this woman at all, except as a customer, just wanted to pass along our good experience)

1 Like

If you can get in good with an owner it can be a lot cheaper. Some rent out at only 11 or 12 a point instead of 15 or 16. Mouseowners is a website that lots of owners use to advertise. I haven’t pulled the trigger on that one though.

1 Like

@emcglone can you provide her info?

1 Like

Definitely!

Her name is Judy Hatch
email: lablady412 “at” sbcglobal.net

Obviously, replace the “at” with @… just don’t want her getting lots of spam.

Her home resorts are Bay Lake, Grand Floridian, Animal Kingdom, Saratoga Springs, Old Key West and Boardwalk

2 Likes

Man… I want to have contracts at all those resorts! lol

3 Likes

We had the same experience at BLT. We loved the rooms and the pool and being on the monorail. Our sons were 3 and 6 at the time. They are insisting we go back next year, so we are splitting our stay between BLT and Beach Club.

I stayed at Beach Club last year and fell in love with it. True, you’re not on the MK monorail loop but BC is walking distance to both Epcot and HS. The pool, hands down is the best of all the resorts. Plenty of dining, cause you also have the dining options at Yacht Club and Boardwalk which are both walking distance. Also, BC recently went through a refurb of the rooms ( I think they’ll be completely finished this Fall.) Everything it lovely, fresh and new. The mattress I would have brought home with me if I could.
I stayed at AKL a few years ago and I will say it’s not one of my favorites. While the room itself I didn’t feel was dark, the rest of the resort was. Not dark as in light not coming in windows, but all the interior furnishing are dark. I just prefer the lighter look and fell of BC - I think it’s the resort most like GF (which is on my bucket list also.)

1 Like

Thank you. I will contact her and see what she can do!

I can’t believe these prices for renting points. It’s actually cheaper to rent point for AKL than it is to stay at POP for 6 nights, and it’s more expensive to stay at a moderate (POFQ) than it is to rent points at GF.

3 Likes

Yep! I’m not sure I could ever not rent points, now. It’s not ALWAYS a better deal, but it’s certainly within the ballpark. We’re staying in a 2-bedroom in a month. I’m TOTALLY looking forward to all that extra space.

3 Likes

Where do you rent points from and how does that work?

1 Like

I’m certainly no expert… but I can try to help. We rented about 2 years ago, and will be going again in a month, on rented points.

“Renting points” means renting your room from a DVC timeshare owner. The way the timeshare works is that each owner buys a number of points, at a specific Deluxe Resort (home resort), which they’re then allowed to spend for room accommodations. Different days/times of the year are different prices, just like a normal hotel room. They can spend points at their home resort, or at other Disney resorts.

When you look to rent points, you need to figure out how many points you need. There are a number of calculators out there. Try here, for one: DVC Points Calculator - DVC Rental Store

Second, you need to find an owner willing to sell you the points, and facilitate the stay. Only DVC owners are allowed to reserve the room, and do some of the other paperwork-y things. There are a number of websites that that make this coordination easier.

Or, you can find an owner, and rent from them directly. Make sure you trust them, though, because you’re relying on them to manage everything for you. Judy, the woman I mentioned above, is an owner that rents her points as a business, I believe. She’s got a contract all drawn up, so I felt pretty secure renting from her.

I haven’t used either of the above websites, but I’ve heard good things. The price is a little higher than renting from an owner directly, but there’s some peace of mind going through someplace that does it professionally. They also do all the coordination and searching for you.

If you’re renting points, it’s a lot harder (impossible) to cancel, so you’d better be sure that you’re going. It’s certainly cheaper than staying at the same resort for cash, and you may find that it’s fairly comparable to a moderate-resort price… without room discounts.

Finally, you probably need to know your dates (and be able to pay, at least partially upfront) about 7 to 11 months out. Owners can start making reservations at the 11 month mark, for their “home resorts”, and can make reservations at any resort, at 7 months.

Um… is that it? Oh, you can rent studios, 1 bedroom, 2 bedroom, and, at some resorts, a 3-bedroom. So, there’s the ability to get something bigger than a normal hotel room.

2 Likes