Defunctland: FastPass A Complicated History

I think we did Expedition Everest 10 times in a row one of our trips. There was literally zero wait!

3 Likes

What is DLJ and VttCotE?

Disneyland Jersey and Voyage to the Centre of Ellis island?

1 Like

I will admit Disneyland Jersey was my first thought. :joy:

2 Likes

:joy: :rofl: :joy:

If it’s Voyage to the Center of the Earth, is that Disneyland Paris?

1 Like

In French, the “P” as in “Paris” is often written as “J.” It’s a little known fact that “Jacques Cousteau” pronounced his name, “Pock.” Similarly, Spock got his name when the writers of Star Trek heard someone say, “My name is Pock.”

Summary

I’m hoping I made this absurd enough that no one will believe me, otherwise I’ll feel guilty. :rofl:

3 Likes

6 months from now, it will be common knowledge, and we’ll be getting flame wars over the correct pronunciation of “Jacques”, thanks to your disinformation campaign! :slight_smile:

4 Likes

I mean, I read it on the internet, it must be true!

3 Likes

Yep. Fo-sho!

2 Likes

In other news, Journey to the Center of the Earth is at Tokyo DisneySea! So maybe DLJ is Disneyland Japan? I’ve only ever heard it referred to as Tokyo DL.

2 Likes

Come to think of it, I’m pretty sure on Star Trek: The Next Generation, the captain’s actual name was “Pawn Luke Pickard”.

3 Likes

:man_facepalming:

Of course it is. I agree I’ve only ever seen Tokyo DL, but DLJ is shorter so I can see why that would catch on.

2 Likes

indeed. It was disneyland japan and voyage to the center of the earth.

Now you tell us! :rofl::rofl::rofl:

Had to be 39 consecutive rides on Triceratops Spin! LOL!

2 Likes