Decision Fatigue

Planning a WDW vacation can be a daunting task, with so many choices to be made and so many deadlines to meet - no wonder people get stressed out about it. Researchers call this “decision fatigue”, and here is an article that has some neat tricks on how to overcome it Decision fatigue, ego depletion: How to make better decisions.

4 Likes

For those of you who are too fatigued to click on the link and read the article, here are the steps that they recommend:

1. Get the important things out of the way early on in the day, before you’ve reached your frustration threshold.
  2. Decrease your range of options. An approach that they recommend is to set a time limit on your decision making.
  3. Once you have made a decision, stick with it. Don’t keep second-guessing yourself.
  4. After all that decision-making, give yourself a break.
9 Likes

@KeliJ… Lol.

1 Like

DH and I use this phrase ALL THE TIME. Love it. This is one way that I think TP and pre-planning makes our trips more fun. We can coast through our day and follow the plan and not have QUITE so many things to decide every 5 min!

2 Likes

what about PDD ?
post decision disorder.
I’ve made all my decisions and need something else to do. But what is next? Do I change the decisions? My countdown is too long!

1 Like

Start planning the next trip?

2 Likes