December 10 at 4:30 EST is Disney Investor Day Webcast - Four hour presentation on future Disney - Focus on Direct to Consumer Streaming, should have some Theme Park news

The Walt Disney Company will webcast its Investor Day 2020 on December 10, 2020. The event, focused on the Company’s direct-to-consumer streaming services, is scheduled to begin at approximately 4:30 p.m. ET / 1:30 p.m. PT. The Investor Day is expected to last approximately four hours.

Four hours, wow, here’s the link if someone is interested

https://thewaltdisneycompany.com/disney-investor-day-2020/#:~:text=The%20Walt%20Disney%20Company%20will,to%20last%20approximately%20four%20hours.

Variety says there will be some Theme Park news

CNET talks about the big streaming changes

3 Likes

The part I’m most interested in is that there are rumors Disney will announce the Star Wars projects (film and streaming) that they are working on. Hopefully they will tell us the name or premise or director or SOMETHING of at least one film, and maybe confirm one or two of the rumored Disney+ series they are supposedly working on in addition to Mandalorian, Cassian, and Obi-Wan.

1 Like

I hope that they announce the decision to release Marvel movies on Disney+ premier access when the release in theatres. I’m jonesing for new MCU movies.

I would love some more details on how they’ll be handling the 50th. We have hotel and park reservations for that weekend (including MK on the date of the 50th itself), but the talk on Disney Dish has seemed to indicate that most of the festivities will actually be taking place the following year in 2022.

From Investor Day

Over the next few years, roughly 10 @Marvel series, 10
@StarWars series, 15 Disney live action,
@DisneyAnimation, and @Pixar
series, plus 15 all-new Disney live action, Disney Animation, and Pixar features will be released directly on @DisneyPlus

3 Likes

They just announced the following Disney+ live-action series for Star Wars:

Rangers of the New Republic
Ahsoka
Andor (Cassian Andor rebel spy series)
Obi-Wan Kenobi (time period between Revenge of the Sith and A New Hope)
The Acolyte (High Republic era series)
Lando (prequel series about Lando).

Also, they confirmed that Taika Waititi is directing a Star Wars film. The big news was that Patty Jenkins (director of Wonder Woman) is directing the next Star Wars, releasing in 2023, called Rogue Squadron!

I am so excited I could bust.

8 Likes

Between the star wars and marvel offerings coming up, I am pretty excited.

1 Like

This! I was shaking reading all of the titles

1 Like

My annual renewal for Disney+ comes up in the first week of January, nice of them to put on this show to help me decide whether to renew or not. I will definitely renew.

I was disappointed that in four hours they did not mention Disney Parks, Experiences, and Products. I would like something, anything new about the parks.

)

2 Likes

Here’s an article that addresses that:

https://t.co/xjWGuIoojb

1 Like

In addition to what @Jeff_AZ said, they also announced the theme parks stuff at the D23 convention just a month or so back. That is where traditionally they announce parks news.

1 Like

All of this is very exciting!