Dec 10-16 Cold? and what to pack

The older I get, the colder I get…I have gone this week before and seen everything from Down Coats and blankets to Shorts and T shirts. I know it is the rainy season, and we are staying in a DVC 1brm so access to washer and dryer 24/7-I have an Eddie Bauer and Columbia waterproof light weight jackets so they are coming.
So what would you pack in your carry on? Thanks!!

And on a side note did they cancel the Late night at MK on wed the 13th?

1 Like

I’ve worn everything from leggings and a sweatshirt, to shorts and t-shirts. I typically start the day in shorts and a light sweater or sweatshirt with a t-shirt underneath. I can’t imagine needing a down coat when the temps are 60’s to 70’s to 80’s. Sunday is high 80 right now. Monday high 63. the rest of the week is low 70’s but that forecast may change.

2 Likes

Watch out for the low temperatures, too. I’m at WDW now. Early mornings can be a bit cool but they’re sunny and warm up nicely. After the sun goes down at 5, it’s a long cold evening, especially if there’s a slight breeze or you’re mostly outside - EP around WS can be chilly! Pack layers, especially a lightweight windbreaker.

2 Likes

We just finished watching the 3 pm parade on Main Street in the shade. 63 and breezy. I was in short sleeved tee and jeans. I put on my thermal top and hoodie sweatshirt! Yesterday was shorts and tee til evening.

3 Likes

You are so lucky you missed the heat and crazy high humidity of Friday-Sunday. It was not pleasant and felt like summer (not a good thing). I need to plan dates where you overlap with me, as you must have brought the amazing weather that is there now. :rofl:

3 Likes

:rofl::grin: temperatures today in WDW are similar to temperatures at home. Tad colder at home, low in the mid eps.

I would welcome that!

2 Likes

Meanwhile we just got back last Friday and the beginning of last week was chilly! Wore pants and long sleeves to MK last Tuesday, it didn’t really get above 50s. Only 1 day got warm enough to swim… pool fully staffed all week though with at least 5 lifeguards, and legit nobody in it but my kids last Monday :rofl: had a great chat about pool chemistry with the CM that came to the hot tub to do pH and chlorine tests!

We are from Minnesota and I actually prefer 50/60s for walking around all day, but it really is too cold to swim below 70s. Still have to pack for basically every possibility though.

2 Likes

I would have loved those lower temps, but my touring partners would rather sweat, so it was probably for the best.

2 Likes

Hey now. I don’t want to sweat. But I also don’t want to freeze.

2 Likes

There seems to be a fine line in Orlando between the 2. It’s hot as blazes and them freezing cold feeling in a matter of hours, or day to day it seems. Not sure what the exact temp/humidity level would have to be so everyone is happy. We must keep going, for research you know. Got to find that perfect weather for all!

2 Likes

3 Likes

I live upstate NY and we are at the 40’s, so I’m sure I’ll find the weather warmer, but it seems chilly with the dampness of the water. I’m packing 2 shorts, 2 capris and 2 long pants and 3 shorts sleeves and 4 long sleeves with one zip up and a short puffy coat.

1 Like

Hi Wahoo! Looks like we just missed each other! We arrive on Saturday for a 10 day trip. First trip back since 2017. I am concerned it is going to be too cold, but we are currently experiencing the atmospheric river and temps in the 40s here in Oregon.

I hope you had a great trip and your family is doing well.

@canwegosoon - I like your packing strategy. Lots of layers and interchangeable options.

@dekefamily

1 Like

Sorry to miss you guys, hope you have a wonderful trip! I can’t believe you haven’t been there since 2017. The family is doing well, Avery graduated college in May and is living in Madrid, Spain until next summer. She is working as a language assistant in a public school. Carson is a sophomore at San Diego State University, he is studying mechanical engineering. What are your boys up to these days? I can’t remember how close in age they are to my kids.

Wow, how quickly our kids have grown! My boys are in between your kids. Both of them are juniors at the University of Oregon. We have been to DLR a number of times since it reopened, but have not been able to get away to WDW until now. It is a little overwhelming compared to DLR, which I know so well. Maybe we will cross paths there in 2024:) Merry Christmas!

1 Like

Merry Christmas! Hope to see you in 2024 on one coast or the other.

I think that sounds perfect especially if you have in unit laundry. Plus, you can buy whatever else you need when you are there… (as if anyone needs an excuse to spend more money lol)