Death in the Family - need advice

I’m hoping some of you can offer advice. We have a WDW vacation planned for October. We rented DVC points through a broker for our 2 rooms (me, hubby, & 2 kiddos in one, my mom, dad & adult sister in another). We purchased our tickets through Undercover tourist and linked them to our MDE profiles, we booked all of our ADRs, and purchased tickets to MNSSHP directly from Disney. We linked everything (rooms, ADRs, tickets, to our MDE Profiles because there is no way we are canceling this trip… )

My dad died suddenly last week.

The rest of us are still going to go in October but at this point in time, I’m not sure what we can have refunded or what we need to do about the items in my Dad’s name. Our DVC rooms are the same price regardless of the number of people in the room, so I’m not concerned with the room, but am assuming I’ll have to go through the DVC broker to take my dad’s name off the reservation. What about the tickets through Undercover Tourist? I already linked them on MDE. How about the MNSSHP tickets?

I’m overwhelmed right now, but know that there may be a time frame in which I need to take care of this.

Thanks for your expertise!

I am so sorry to hear this. I can’t imagine the pain you are going through. I would call Disney. I bet this far in advance they will refund the MNSSHP ticket. Last year my friend had bought MNSSHP for her and her husband and 3 kids. Her husband then lost his job, they had to cancel the trip and when she called Disney, they refunded her party tickets. I don’t have any experience with undercover tourist but I would call as well. Good luck and take care.

Firstly I’m sorry to hear about your loss.

Secondly I would guess that Undercover Tourist isn’t going to offer a refund. You can transfer the ticket in MDE. Is there a chance someone could use it in the future? Otherwise it can’t hurt to call and ask them.

As for MNSSHP they are non-refundable but we’ve had lots of liners report that they’ve called and been able to get a refund for extenuating circumstances.

I’m sorry for your loss.

The MNSSHP party tickets should not be a problem - I have heard plenty of stories from people about getting party tickets refunded for trivial reasons. Call WDW and explain the situation to the CM, and if they cannot help you call back and speak to another CM - some are more “magical” than others.

The UT ticket might be a little tricky, as I have had conflicting information on this. They say that they will refund 95% IF the tickets are unsigned and have not been linked to an MDE account. I spoke to one of their CSRs, and they told me that if you have linked a ticket, you can “unlink” in MDE and still get a refund. Others have been told differently, so YMMV.

I don’t think that you will have to remove your dad’s name from the DVC reservaion, as everyone in the party should be on it and any of them should be able to check-in. However, you should contact your DVC Broker just to make sure and follow their advice.

Im sorry for your loss.

I’m sorry for you loss.

I think others have given great advice here, I just wanted to add that I am sorry for your loss.

I’m so sorry for your loss! I lost my dad last year :cry:

Thank you everyone for all of your advice. I think I’m going to make these phone calls tomorrow. I appreciate your condolences. I’ll let you all know what the resolution ends up being.

Thank you!

Sorry for your loss. I hope your trip works out and you can use it as a celebration of your dad.

So truly sorry for your loss. My heart goes out to you and your family. Best wishes to you all.

I’m so sorry for your loss. Best wishes to you and your family.

I’m so sorry for your loss!

Sorry to hear about your dad’s passing @Adriaddiemom. A big hug for you.