DD's 5th Birthday Trip! 2/1 - 2/7

Hi friends! Getting excited for our trip Feb 1st - 7th for DD’s 5th birthday. We are staying at BWI. I have stayed there several times for work conferences, but never with my family! So excited! We based our plans off of data on this site, and also some personal preferences. DD has autism, so we are planning for lots of breaks and a relaxed walking pace. We want to enjoy as much as we can, but by no means do we plan to do it all. Flight gets in at 9am on Thurs morning. After freshening up, we plan to get going! Here is the rough itinerary with some highlights:

2/1: DHS with dinner at 50’s Prime Time. FPPs for Toy Story, Frozen Sing Along. We will probably do single rider on Rock n Roll and Tower of Terror; these two things are too big for DD. This will probably be an early night for us since we will have woken up so early to catch our flight.

2/2: MK all day! FPPs for Buzz Lightyear, Meeting Rapunzel and Mine Train. Dinner at Skipper Canteen. Focusing on Tomorrowland and Fantasyland on this day. CANNOT WAIT for Happily Ever After!

2/3: (Saturday) Taking this day off from the parks, as they will probably be the busiest. DH’s suggestion. He is a bit crowd-averse, so I was happy to oblige him there. We will probably rent a paddleboat or surrey bike, enjoy the Boardwalk, maybe head over to AKL to see the animals. DD loves tea parties, so maybe afternoon tea at the Grand Floridian. Having dinner with friends at Paddlefish in DS.

2/4: Birthday day!! Starting off with BBB at DS in the morning, then over to MK for the better part of the day. Fantasyland and Adventureland. FPPs for Small World, Peter Pan and Pirates. Finish up the day with dinner at Trattoria al Forno at the Boardwalk. Ready to try this Dole Whip thing… :slight_smile:

2/5: Epcot! Super stoked to meet Joy and Sadness. Inside Out is one of my favorites. I also love Soarin’. I am sure DD will adore Frozen Ever After! Lunch at Sunshine Seasons and dinner at the Biergarten. DH loves German food. Looking forward to some beverages in World Showcase, as well as a cronut! #foodbaby

2/6: AK. FOP! Undecided if we will do a QS lunch or go for Tusker House. Thinking maybe Satu’li, the menu looks great! Very much looking forward to the Safari. If we don’t go to Tusker House, will go to Ale & Compass for dinner at the Beach Club.

2/7: departure day. DH and DD will leave about 3:30pm. I’m staying a few days longer for a work meeting. We might add park tix for this day if we are up for it in the morning, not sure yet. It will be a decision we make while we are there!

Love to hear any thoughts or feedback. Thanks for all the wonderful tips and info!

1 Like

I would go to guest services and get a DAS card.This will cut down on wait times and help ease your DD with wait and crowds.

I agree with the DAS. If you do get one I would consider changing your Small World fast pass. Also, although you may be able to find a short line ToT will have to be stand by or fast pass?

Yes, definitely getting the DAS. I neglected to mention that. We will use it as needed.

Hope you have a great time we will be there 4-9 for DD 5th as well!

1 Like