Day 2 Forum Impressions

well, I don’t think it’s meant to do that, but I’m sorry you feel that way.

The ‘Trust Level’ is only a representation of your membership level in terms of participation. As for the ‘secret rooms’ there are only two. One of those who pay to subscribe to lines, since this forum is open to non subscribers, and a Lounge area for those that have a high level of participation. Neither is intended to exclude anyone.

1 Like

Thanks @Lentesta, is that the same is clicking ‘latest’ or is there more to it than that? Also, any chance of getting replies indented and nested under the post to which they are replying instead of also being at the bottom? That would go a LONG way I think… thanks for all of your help with this!

1 Like

It looks to be the same as “Latest”, so that might be the default view.

I hate to ask for this, @999HappyHaunts, but could you draw me a picture of what you want it to look like, and email it me at len@touringplans.com? I’ll see what we can do.

1 Like

@Lentesta My dissertation is due in 2 weeks… so I blame you for this added distraction! AKA YOU GOT IT! I am on it! Emailing shortly.

1 Like

Email sent, @Lentesta! Thanks for listening!

@Lentesta - It looks good, but I think the default ought to include other categories in addition to Walt Disney World. I’m not sure of a good combination though. I like the “latest” option that shows all categories, but I can see how many would not want to see UOR or DLR or DCL. However, there are a lot of good threads in Meta, Uncategorized and eventually in the subscribers section. It would be nice to see all of those as well in a chronological list.

@SallyEpp_cot once you’re on the latest page you can actually then pick a category to see the latest only in that. I think you can also exclude categories in your profile so that UOR for example would never show, but don’t quote me on that lol.

Oh, yes, @ThatDisneyGuy_outer1 , I know how it works on the PC. I’ve been doing that. I was giving input about @Lentesta’s link to a sample default page for mobile users that might look more like original chat (see above.) Maybe I’m misunderstanding what the link was all about.

Oops :blush:

1 Like

Agree completely!

1 Like

Thank you for the tag @Lentesta. I am viewing the forum as you suggested but miss the flow, community feel and instant connection of Liner chat. While I appreciate the topics grouped together, each is still a separate link. It is way more time consuming to click each one - and as others have mentioned, we often learn things we didn’t even think to ask by reading through the steady, friendly banter and informal style of Lines Chat. Is there any way that same setup can be replicated here?

1 Like

Sorry, but “the lounge” does indeed exclude people. It’s pretty obvious that it’s where most of the “regulars” will do the majority of their posting.

I’m sorry you feel that way @MissiMouse. I think of it as a reward for those that participate and offer information regularly. As for posting I think it will be mostly off topic chatting and most people will still be posting mostly in regular forums with the same great information Lines Chat always had. Maybe they can make a chance that also takes the length of account into consideration for those that don’t like to chat as much.

2 Likes

Guess it’s back to FB for this girl. : \ @WeHave2GoBack it is indeed high. But it’s catering to long time users. I pay the same subscription fee they do, so the access should be the same. Give them a “fun” title or fancy badges or something, but everyone paying for a subscription should be able to have the same acces.

1 Like

I’ll ask the developers. We might be able to make it an alternate view for those who specifically ask for it. Thanks!

Ok I found two more features that I really like.

1. If I’m in the middle of a reply and need to go to a different area to find a link or some other piece of information. I can still finish my reply from any other area of the forums.
  2. New comments are added while you are viewing the thread so no more posting information only to refresh and find that you’re the 5th person to give the exact same info.
2 Likes

I’ve got to start taking notes. But I’ll let @ThatDisneyGuy_outer1 do all the talking for now. We are mind melding on several things here

1 Like

Ha! Someone should probably stop me from talking so much lol. I might get more done.

I agree with you it’s still feel a bit excluding, and I still have like 1800 post to make until I make it there. We all pay a subscription and putting a 2000 min chat is a bit high! Now my goal is to obtain that many chat, but I don’t wanna post useless stuff so It’s still gonna take me a while. I’ve only been on chat for a month or so, and love it. I liked the new forum and tried to see to positive in it, but I don’t wanna be exclude from places.

1 Like