Date night questions

DH and I are going to be leaving the kids with my mom, and going on a date day/night. Our plans are to head into Universal Studios IOA with the sole purpose of riding the velocicoaster, and then dinner, then the Edison in Disney Springs to try the High Roller cocktail menu. I am wondering 1. Do we need a reservation for the Edison if we are just spending $100 on drinks? 2. Would anyone recommend eating dinner at the Edison? Or anywhere else? The Edison would be convenient, but I looked at the menu and it isn’t thrilling. Unless they have live entertainment back, that looks really cool and a great way to spend date night. I thought about Morimoto Asia, but we’re already going to be spending so much on drinks that seems like overkill. Then I thought maybe Chicken Guy to balance it out :rofl: Suggestions? I guess we could go somewhere in City Walk or outside of Disney Property too, since we’ll be starting the day in Universal.

2 Likes

What time will you get to Edison?

Precovid with the music, late night we ended up leaving after never getting drinks. I will admit I should have known when they patted us down on the way in……

Oh no! Thank you for the honest account of your experience. They patted you down? As in, frisked you!?! That’s bizarre. May I ask if you had a reservation, or were you just going in to the bar? I’m not sure what time we’ll be to DS; I’m thinking probably around 6:00-9:00. We don’t want to be out too late because we’re having a park day the next day. We don’t get date night often, and NEVER have date night while on vacation, so I’d kind of like for things to go at least mostly right. Those cocktails sound so interesting and lavish, but maybe I’ll have to have an alternate plan

This was precovid, August 2019? It definitely was after 10, maybe 11? I think it might be a late night thing? Honestly, I was 58 years old and I knew I was in the wrong place at the wrong time.

1 Like

It was awhile back (Nov 2019) but my DH and I loved The Edison as a date night! The live music was great, and was a nice change of pace from all the kids’ stuff earlier. We had the candied bacon on the clothesline and the deviled eggs as a “bacon and eggs” snack. I think we also had fancy drinks but we were doing non alcoholic so probably not that interesting (I’m sure I have photos though…). I loved the decor of Edison b/c I like steampunk.

1 Like

I…I have never once been patted down walking into a bar. And I lived in some pretty shady places at one point. And having it done at Disney!!! I don’t know if I should be impressed by you or a little afraid! :wink: I thought I sensed a little Thug in you! :crazy_face:

2 Likes

That weirds me out that they patted you down. I’m sorry to hear about that. That didn’t happen to us or anyone else we saw entering. But, we were there pretty early, around 8:30 to 9 ish.

We had a great date night at Wine Bar George earlier this month. Menu is small, but everything was delicious. And they had some delicious looking drinks in addition to the wine list!

They can only pat you down in FL if you agree to it. If you dont agree or if they do not ask for permission explicitly first before touching you it’s legal assault. At most if you refused they won’t allow you in.

I found this out after reading your post and internet searching. In some states it appears to be illegal for them to touch you at all.

AT DS if there are places that feel they need pat down anyone they 100% should install walk through scanners, I mean what a way to ruin the Disney feel. If more complained I am sure Disney would change the rules or make the onsite businesses make it seamless in some way.

Now ask me about the time they carded my Father in Law when we went to an Ocean City Bar, he was 82 at the time! We laugh about it to this day. And the manger sided with the employee when we brought it up in hysterical laughter… He did give a look to the employee. The door men are told to ID everyone was the manager response, well this kid took it literally!

1 Like

They did ask everyone- I was with my son and his girlfriend. If you said no you could not enter.

1 Like

Yeah, if they ask not much we can do but comply or not go in.

1 Like