Date Night at CityWalk & UOR Hotels

We will be staying onsite at Surfside as a family. DH and I will have the opportunity for a date night on our UOR arrival day. Any recommendations? Right now, we’re thinking Bigfire for dinner and bar hopping, including a visit to Bar 17 at Aventura. A visit to Portofino is a possibility simply because the ambiance looks fun to me from pictures. We are not committed to anything and have no experience at UOR. Seems like a great place to “wing it” but I like to have ideas instead of wandering aimlessly, hungry, and in heels (me not him :wink: ). Thanks for any/all recommendations.

Since you mentioned a visit to Portofino, I’ll mention Mama Della’s. Haven’t been but heard a lot of good about it, especially if you like Italian food.

1 Like

Here’s some idea’s. Pat Obrien’s in Citywalk is a place with a piano Bar and restaurant. Good food and love the dueling piano’s. Chocolate Factory is quite good with there huge different types of milkshakes a d food. Hard Rock is nothing special for food but they do take your picture holding a guitar and looking like a rockstar. Coarse the pictures aren’t free but you don’t have to buy them. Last on my list is Margaritaville. Foods nothing special but the vibes are good. T shirt shopping was a must for me. Have a Great time!

1 Like

Bice is the fancy place there, too. Also the Palm at Hard Rock.

2 Likes

You would think BiCE is better since it’s fancy & expensive. But Mama Della’s ranks higher in 5 different ratings sites. So hard for me to recommend it.

2 Likes

You will definitely need a reservation for any sit down place.in CityWalk. Even on a slow night they walk-up wait can be 60 - 90 minutes. (the weekends even longer, if you can even get in)

You don’t have to reserve really far in advance like WDW, but don’t wait until that week or something. I love Universal because of how relaxed it is now versus Disney, but you still have to do a few reservations for table service meals

2 Likes

Counterpoint:

Touring Plans rates the food better at Bice and says it’s a more upscale and fancy experience, perfect for a date night. I think the ratings come down to the fact it’s priced that way too. “Date night” screams Bice not a family friendly Italian place, IMHO.

2 Likes

Talk about handy….

3 Likes

Thank you for all the ideas! The tentative plan is now Bigfire for dinner, Bar 17 at Aventura or The Thirsty Fish at Portofino for drinks, and if we can somehow fit dessert in, maybe stop at Toothsome. We are staying at Surfside. Will they let us take the boats from City Walk to the other hotels for Bar 17 and The Thirsty Fish?

Yea they’ll let you use the boat. In terms of romance, take the boat to Portofino after the sun sets. The reveal of the hotel with the is magical.