DAS card character M&G

My Dad will have a DAS card due to recent back surgeries. We’ve never used this before. Will we be able to use this at character meet and greet lines?

I would not count on a DAS card because they are not giving them out for physical disabilities, like you would think.

ok. Thanks for the info. Someone had suggested it, otherwise, I would have never thought about it.

I would still try the worst they can do is say no. I’m disabled and i’m going to try in June but I’m not holding my breath. Most places have a different entrance for people in wheelchairs and with ECV so that might give you a jump on the lines. I used to travel with a cane and while in line for SE in Epcot they had me use the other entrance and we were on in 2 min instead of 30 min.

DAS is only for cognitive disabilities. DW is a disabled veteran and has shrapnel in her knee and back from an IED in Iraq. It makes standing in one place for an extended amount of time very painful for her. Standing in line kills her knees. This was not a valid reason for a DAS according to Guest Relations at AK. Their response was we could rent a wheelchair for her and all lines were wheelchair accessible. It wasn’t until I stated she also suffered from PTSD and anxiety, especially in confined spaces like queues, did they give her the DAS.

With that being said, I don’t know if it works for DAS. We never used it for one.

1 Like

DAS will work with characters that have a FP return area. Some characters like Baymax, Joy, and Sadness do not have a FP return so they are not able to give out DAS for those characters.

1 Like

Thanks for the info. This is new to me, so thanks for sharing. I didn’t realize that mobility issues were not acceptable for DAS.

1 Like

disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/disney-parks-disability-access-service-card-fact-sheet/

Does a Guest whose disability is based on the necessity to use a wheelchair or scooter need DAS?
No, a Guest whose disability is based on the necessity to use a wheelchair or scooter does not need DAS. Depending on the attraction, the Guest will either wait in the standard queue or receive a return time at the attraction based on the current wait time. For some attractions at Disneyland Resort, these guests will go directly to an alternate entrance. Guests with additional needs should discuss them with Guest Relations.