DAS and ROTR?

Anyone with experience using DAS for ROTR? Planning trip for early Sept. with adult son with moderate autism who is REALLY excited about all things Star Wars. Waiting for BG to be called is doable, but the line to ride is a nightmare for him. Wondering what, if any, procedure is being used.

2 Likes

If no one answers, I’ll be trying to use it in April and I can report back then

1 Like

No personal experience with it, but my understanding is that everyone in the group must have a BG. To use DAS, return to the FP return line when your boarding group is called.

3 Likes

If you could, I would appreciate an update after your trip on the actual process. Any info helps me with wait time strategy and managing expectations. We know we need to get there asap in the morning and be assigned a BG.

1 Like

Following! My son is in a similar situation.

This is from the article linked above. While I haven’t done this personally, it is consistent with all the first-hand reports I have read:

Does Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance accommodate Disability Access Service (DAS) card?

Yes, but this is still truly first come, first served.

That means everyone must join the virtual queue first, which means arriving and going through that just like everyone else. To take advantage of DAS, go to the FastPass return line once your boarding group is called.

In summary:

1. Get a BG for all riders just as if you didn’t have DAS
  2. Report to the queue when your BG is called
  3. Approach the FP queue and tell the CM you are using DAS
  4. After scanning your BG they will send you through the FP line, which skips the 20-40 min line straight to the first transport vehicle (note: I believe you miss the short pre-show with BB-8) Edit: you do not miss the pre-show.
  5. After exiting the first transport vehicle, you may have to wait a few minutes in the Star Destroyer Hangar prior to boarding the primary ride vehicle

This will be a real disappointment to me. The Rey hologram is pretty cool. My boys won’t know what they are missing though.

1 Like

I thought that too at first, but it turns out it dumps you out right at the spot where there’s 2 doors to enter for briefing.

So you get the full BB8, Rey Hologram show.

3 Likes

Oh good. Some people early on were saying they were taken directly to the first transport. Having never ridden I may have misunderstood or it might have just changed.

This was our experience in January (got put in right before the bb8 preshow)

2 Likes

Same for us early February, the FP line meets with the standby right before the BB8 preshow, but you will still have a minimal wait before getting on the actual ride vehicle. From the entrance of the attraction to the time we were on the vehicle was something around 15 minutes (to keep in mind if that’s an issue for your party).

1 Like

We had a different experience. My DD is on DAS, and she could not make it to the park early enough to be put into a BG due to a specific issue, and my DW was taking care of her. My DS and I went in, got BG 28, and later when our BG was called back, I was able to speak to guest services to get DD and DW added to our same BG so we could board together. We went through the whole queue (which is not particularly friendly to ECV’s, but there are worse), and experienced everything together. It was almost too much for DD and DW, but they hung on and really enjoyed it. They did not offer the FP queue option despite us being on DAS, with a fairly visible disability.

2 Likes

This is very good to know. There is a chance my DW/DS will not be able to join us at RD due to his medical issues. I’m hoping if that is the case, I can have them added to my BG when they join me soon after.

You should be able to get them on if he can’t make RD, but they do look at the details of the DAS before adding them, so I’m sure it’s a case-by-case basis.

1 Like