DAS Advance Selections 30 days out

We will be going to WDW next month with my son who needs DAS. We have used it in the past and it works well for him. With the new system, I know the video chat can be an extremely long wait, and also know that this does not work like dining with the 30+10 so you have to either wait until your last park day is at 30 days out, or have to keep going on daily to make the advance selections as your park days hit 30 days (hope that made sense) :laughing:. Tomorrow is a 30 day mark so I am going to have to sit on hold for who knows how long to do the initial call. Has anyone used this system and gone in daily to make the selections after doing the initial call? I would prefer not to do this, but I have heard that they limit the number of these given out on some of the more popular rides and that waiting to make the selections until our last park day hits 30 could mean that some of the rides no longer have availability. Our days are all listed at 8+ for this trip so getting selections on some of the longer standby attractions that are musts for him would really help make things go smoother. Just don’t want to do this if I have to wait the 5+ hours all over again to make the selections later. I have tried looking through the site but can’t find a definitive answer. I know if anybody would know the answer to this, it would be you all! Thanks in advance!

3 Likes

I would very much like to know how this goes. I’ll most likely use DAS on my next trip, so this is good information.

1 Like

I did both at the same time about 5 days out for our trip. They didn’t have SDD or TT left for our pre-selection, but we honestly didn’t have any issues getting them done with a regular return time. We were able to get HM, BTMRR, Soarin’, Spaceship Earth, MFSR, and Star Tours at 5 days out. I honestly don’t think the difference in 30 and 30 minus a few days will make too much of a difference. I called on a Saturday early afternoon, and really didn’t end up waiting that long. If the wait for the initial Video Conference is long and you decide to sign up for pre-selection later, know that the pre-selection part was handled completely through chat, so you don’t have to wait for the video chat CMs again. This should make the wait for those significantly shorter.

3 Likes

Also, remember that ILL rides are not eligible for pre-selection, but are eligible for return times once in park.

3 Likes

Thanks for asking this. I have to call in April and I had many of the same questions. Let us know how it goes for you!

1 Like

If anybody is interested in podcast trip reports, the two most recent episodes of WDW Prep to Go both feature families using DAS passes, might have some useful information.

6 Likes

Thank you so much! That answers my question perfectly. I will check back in here with an update on how everything goes for us.

@Lilabug just seeing if you’ve already done your DAS selections. Just curious what you decided to do and how it worked out for you. Thanks!

1 Like

I did do the DAS registration today and I have to say it was not a joy to do. I hopped on at 10:13 this morning (when my son was available to be there) and immediately ran into Disney IT purgatory. The page would keep kicking me off giving an error message that I needed to go back a page and login even though I was already logged in. Each time it did this it took a few minutes of trying to go back and forth and login a few times before it would connect again. When I say this was bad, I mean it did this to me no less than 25 times. So with all of this, I did not reach one of the chat line CM until 7:23. Yup, 9 HOURS!! At that point I just decided to do all of the pre selections at the same time. That part went very well. The only park we couldn’t get returns for much was Epcot. They had nothing but LWTL and SE for the times we would be there. Oh well. It did disconnect twice while we were doing the selections but managed to get reconnected to the cast member quickly. I am so glad this is over but man it wasn’t a short day. My husband is convinced that they make it horrible so people who don’t really need it will give up when it takes that long. I hope everybody else has a better experience than we did but it was still worth it to make my son’s day better.

5 Likes