Dapper Day Impact on Crowds?

Hi all, first post here! We’re headed down to the World 4/25 for the week. Spring Dapper Day is 5/2 but it looks like there is a “kick off” on 5/1. Any insight on how crowds will be impacted that Friday? We’re planning on Magic Kingdom, but I’m on the fence if we should keep that or switch to Animal Kingdom. Thanks!

1 Like

I’m not an expert in this, but when I’ve been in the parks during Dapper Days it seemed to me like most of the participants were out and about, not in line. So the park will feel crowded but lines didn’t seem to be impacted as much as they would be by say a school group being at the parks at the same time. Again, not an expert, hoping someone else has an opinion or better yet, data.

2 Likes

Welcome to the Forum! Events like Dapper Day are already accounted for in the CL predictions. Make a Personalized TP for what you want to do and optimize it for the dates in question if you want to get a better idea of what the impact may be.

3 Likes

I love Daper Days! IME - Most of the participants are over at Epcot in the World Showcase eating & drinking. You’ll see a few ppl hopping to other places, but generally they’re walking around “to be seen” than in ride queues.

2 Likes

I agree that I’ve mostly seen the participants in World Showcase. Haven’t noticed there being too much of an impact on crowds, but it’s fun to see all their attire.

1 Like

Makes sense and sounds fun!

1 Like

Excuse my ignorance, but what are Dapper Days?

People get dressed up in their “Sunday Best” and stroll around the parks

2 Likes

Doesn’t look like their proposed itinerary will affect MK park on 5/2:

• Fri, May 1 , “DAPPER DAY Weekend Kick-Off” (Details to be announced as event nears)

• Sat, May 2 , Spring Outing to Disney’s Hollywood Studios

• NEW! Sat May 2, 8:15p :hibiscus: Join us at Disney’s Spirit of Aloha dinner show at Disney’s Polynesian Village Resort. Make your reservations by calling Disney at (407) 939-5277 or book online here.

• Sun, May 3 , Spring Outing to Epcot (during Epcot International Flower & Garden Festival !)

http://dapperday.com/spring-2020-wdw-fl

1 Like

When we’ve been in MK on a Dapper Day, there hasn’t been a discernible impact on our touring…except if a large group of them decides to ride an attraction. But honestly, that’s like trying to base your touring plan on if a tour group gets in front of you, which is impossible. And I will say that since a lot of the Dapper folks are locals, they’re not trying to do a ton of attractions on Dapper Day…for example, a large group of them rode the PeopleMover, which swelled the line, but not a huge impact on anyone’s day.

1 Like

Welcome to the Forum, hope you have a great trip.

1 Like

DAPPER DAYS be DARNED!

LOL

Our trip was 11/11-11/21 and I’d never read a thing on the Forum about Dapper Days having any sort of impact. Despite the fact that all of our park days felt VERY manageable crowd wise, including a MVMCP that allowed us to do every party themed ride and show/fireworks, etc., our Sunday at Epcot on Dapper Days was miserable! It was a sea of people in WS. Shoulder to shoulder with lines like every food truck was FOP. I would never knowingly go to Epcot on Dapper Days again. The line for even the Gran Fiesta was crazy long, instead of a normal walk-on…

This is probably true for many, but I also saw a TON on the slower rides at EP.

I think the rule of thumb is probably anything that won’t knock your hat off.

2 Likes

Agreed. However, OP was concerned with Dapper Days effect on MK queues. This was my response to the MK question. :smiley:

2 Likes

We are checking in to Poly on 5/2. Planning on dinner in DS, but may be back to the hotel in time to see all the dapper folks wandering about! I think it will be fun to see! (Thankfully not planning on Epcot on 5/3)

2 Likes

“Anything that won’t knock your hat off” :laughing:

1 Like

Went on Dapper Day to MK, rides didnt seem extra packed. Seemed like it was mostly locals enjoying dressing up. I actually had fun watching everyone dressed in their best!

1 Like