Dance Parties at Animal Kingdom (and also in general)

Alright, can’t find what I’m looking for; so hoping some of you might have the info.

The Dino-Riffic dance party and Discovery Island Carnivale are still showing on TP as an option for Jan 20, but I can’t seem to find either on Disney’s website. Anyone know if these have closed? I feel like I read somewhere that maybe they did…

I know they are launching the Hakuna Matata Dance Party on Jan 18. Can’t seem to find any details about time, location, etc. Anyone seen anything or heard anything anywhere?

Finally, talk to me about dance parties in general. Fun? Not fun? We will have two year old with us. So that’s why I’m considering.

From what I’ve seen from recent vlogs, the Dino dance party is still happening. I’m also hoping it’s still around in January since we missed it in July & October for various reasons.

The dancing is fun. Like most things, it’s what you make of it. I think a 2 year old will enjoy it as long as they like music and the characters.
If it’s a dud, you can always just walk away.

We were in the Viva Gaia “parade” thing once and even that was a lot of fun. The cast members at AK in particular are very engaging and dedicated to their rolls. They make sure folks have a fun time.

2 Likes

We just came back last week and the dance party was happening in dinoland. Chip and Dale dressed in dinosaur costumes!

2 Likes

This is what I’m most looking forward to!

1 Like

Primary reason I want to go too! Who knew chipmunks dressed as dinosaurs could be so cute!! :joy::joy:

2 Likes

I agree with the dance party being what you make of it. We stopped by the Dino dance party at AK a few weeks ago and it wasn’t too happening. The girl with the mic didn’t seem to put much effort into interacting with kids so everyone was just kind of milling about. She spent more time taking to the dj. And unfortunately by the time we got there my daughter was pretty tired and I was having no luck getting her interested in dancing. We moved on to the boneyard play area which they enjoyed more.

1 Like

Do you mind me asking your daughter’s age? I’ve been wondering about the boneyard. Videos I’ve seen make it look more appropriate for school age rather than preschool age kiddos. Thoughts?

My 3-year-old absolutely LOVED the boneyard. So did I.

2 Likes

I was with a 1 yo, 3 yo , and 5 yo. The 3 yo had the most fun, prob because she’s the most active. 5 yo had fun but is a little more reserved and just liked climbing on the smaller things (“fossil” things). My 1 yo just had fun running around! There was a wide range of different aged kids there.

Oh also it seemed like a good place for folks to rest. There was a guy laying on a bench taking a nap :smile: don’t know how he was managing to sleep because it wasn’t quiet!

1 Like