Daily Thread: Monday 7/21

@Beachmom01 Maybe thats just what my face looks like!?

Do you have to refresh your screen in order to see the new responses or do they just pop up like on FB???

Ha!!! funny but I highly doubt that!

1 Like

Hi guys!!! @BeckyVee I just love that pup

1 Like

Itā€™s the easy iPhone issue for me. Iā€™m out and about all day. Iā€™m not at a desk top or on my iPad much. Just today.

For me they are just poping up a the bottom when someone add something.

Decided to be a ā€œteam playerā€ and try out the new forum. First impression - not a fan. But one day is not enough time to either applaud or boo the idea. Please note, the ā€œreplyā€ button next to a post is like the ā€œoldā€ reply. The reply button at the bottom is kind of like starting a new OP. May help keep this unweildy format a bit easier to followā€¦ :smile:

3 Likes

Iā€™m lostā€¦ I hit the blue reply button at the bottom when replying to a post. Am I supposed to be using the other one???

Welcome @bswan26 :smiley: I donā€™t hate this forumā€¦ I just donā€™t really have much interest in paying for a forumā€¦ especially when we could all just use disboards for free. I really liked the format of chat which made it easy to get to know people and learn unexpected things.

@Beachmom01 If you want to reply to a personā€™s comment, click the blue reply in the bottom right of their post. You can see that my post shows an arrow pointing at you because I am replying to you. To reply to the thread in general, you use the button at the bottom.

Ha! I just hit whatever reply button I can find!

So like, you should get a notification that I have replied to you. Whereas if I reply to the thread and donā€™t tag you then you wont.

This doesnā€™t seem like the same thing or maybe I am missing it? I started to scroll and it seemed like one chat topic and folks just randomly talking (though to be fair, I had to stop about twenty in, and just go to the bottom). Maybe I am just not used to it? I have looked at several different forums in the past (Dis, Wdwmagic, etc) and never found the appeal. I am sorry but I just love being able to pop open the phone and look every once in a whileā€¦

This is just a chat chat chat thing, not a steady stream of different Disney topics to read, question, answer, and enjoy. But thanks for trying

1 Like

Waving hello from Georgia!! I definitely didnā€™t want the forum to be for only touring/planning type things. Even though I was new to posting, I felt like I got to know others on chat just be reading the conversations. It was a lot of fun and I hope that feeling doesnā€™t go away.

I arrive on Sept 13th !!

@Soarin2disney I think I am headed in the Crocs direction. At least they make some cute styles now.

I noticed the same thing - that was the reason for my other post. People are still new to this forum format and donā€™t realize the difference between the two different kinds of ā€œreplyā€ buttons. I think it will iron itself out over time.

1 Like

Iā€™d suggest calling this ā€œGive us this day our daily threadā€, but itā€™s more bandwidth than what weā€™ve got now. :slight_smile:

13 Likes

@MissiMouse Iā€™m a teacher and I wear Danskos to work. They are all that my aging legs and back will tolerate. Have you looked into Orthoheel?

1 Like