Daily Itinerary Summaries

Yes it is!

1 Like

I went armed with a great spreadsheet I got from @TheProphetPaul and (just like making a touring plan) the actual making of it really taught me a lot. The final product was almost unnecessary.

Anyway, I sent it to all the fam and they proceeded to ignore it completely. But they were happy to do what I said when, so it worked out.

3 Likes

Okay, that’s exacly what I want. Is there a template somewhere for this I am reading through the year old posts and haven’t located it yet.

nah, she never shared it unfortunately and she hasn’t been back since July of '18. It was all in inDesign so you’d have to recreate from scratch in your program of choice. Sorry :frowning:

I don’t think there’s a template, but she did say she’d be happy to help others out…maybe send her a message?

Do it fast though, her year on TP.com is almost up!

Since @Pod mentioned it. From a previous post…

Not sure this is what youre really looking for though. These show the entire trip on one page.

2 Likes

@TheProphetPaul might be a misnomer, as I kinda feel like John the Baptist, just spreading the word until you show up. :wink:

4 Likes

I am going to play with this to give the kids a prettier copy of my entire trip plan but no I want an at a glance for a day I can even print off blank and fill in while on the trip to give the night before. Thanks though these are just beautiful and inspiring. Now I am depressed when I look at my boring spread sheet.

I’ve spent way too many hours working on this stuff over the last few years. Not sure it’s time well spent, but I have fun doing it. I guess it’s kind of a hobby.

1 Like

I used this last year on a recommendation from someone on the Forum. I printed them 2 to a page landscape and used the 4x6 laminating pouches you can get at walmart. It worked great and was small enough to fit in a pocket.

Instant Download Editable Disney Planner Agenda Itinerary - Etsy

3 Likes

And won’t get soaked in rain showers or rides lol!!! DH thought I was nuts doing this, till he had his wallet soaked :rofl:.

1 Like

Thank you and those have the best I have seen and I will probably do exactly what you did!

1 Like

Well I didn’t find anything I fell in love with that was easy so I made my own. It has a few glitches but it has the space for the information I want to share with family. I’ll print off 2 to a page and then write in the information and distribute to each of the adults the night before.image Thanks everyone!

6 Likes

You should be a cruise ship activities director!

1 Like

LOL I used to work as a tour guide in Paris - they were given no handouts though! :joy:

2 Likes

I used to be a bus tour director and we never gave handouts because the participants would be disappointed if we didn’t get to an item on the agenda there would be complaints. We did tell them when they had to be back to the bus 100 times and there always at least 1 that was late.

Speaking of lateness…In 1998, it was my first visit to Europe, and my husband and I were on a Trafalgar 2 week tour of France. We stopped at Mont Saint-Michel and of course, weren’t given enough time to tour the historic site properly. My husband insisted that we go all the way to the top for the incredible views which were incredible. What we didn’t calculate was the time it would take to get back down and push through the crowds to get back to the bus. We thought a lot of people on our tour would be late because of the crowds, but we were the youngest people in our tour group and the rest skipped things to make sure they were always back early to the bus. So of course we were the last on the bus, and we immediately drove off. I went to the bus toilet. When I returned, my hubby recounted how we both were basically chewed out by the tour director for showing up late and how we may have messed up in allowing enough time for a WWII vet on our bus to see the Normandy landing site and cemetery. We ended up having plenty of time at Normandy, and luckily, I missed the berating while in the potty!

1 Like

Yes, something comes up frequently on bus tours just like that. I never called out anyone unless they made a habit of it which was disrespectful to the rest of the group. I did finally leave one pair oa ladies behind after numerous warnings. It would be so much easier now with cell phones. Once in Seattle we had a dinner reservation at the tower for our group of 42. If we were just a few minutes late they would cancle our reservations. The bus broke down. I am sure I was pretty comical standing outside the bus in the rain waiving down taxis and throwing cash at the drivers. But they all made it and were served. I did get a big tip for that trip because the passengers felt sorry for me.

1 Like

Wow! You go the extra distance!