Daddy/Daughter trip 8/27/21

That … was… EPIC!!! Oh, my goodness, can’t wait to see the rest of your report! Thank you so much for sharing. :smiley:

1 Like

Don’t know how I missed yesterday’s post but so glad you’re back again!! What a great first two days. And I love that you loved Topolino’s breakfast. It’s really the best, isn’t it?! Can’t wait to see what else you have in store!!

2 Likes

Great trip report so far! I can’t show my daughter this report or she’ll push me to do the same trip. The rest of my family would kill me if I only took one child. lol.

4 Likes

You simply make your way through taking each child on their own :wink:

7 Likes

I’m not familiar with an after 5pm ticket. Is that a special ticket just for conventioneers?

2 Likes

I loved reading about your day! Sounds pretty perfect to me.

2 Likes

Welcome to the forum! This thread will help you

https://forum.touringplans.com/t/convention-tickets-tip/46005/151

4 Likes

Sorry everyone. I’ve been slacking on the updates. We’ve been going hard the last 2 days and we leave tomorrow night. I’ll update as soon as I can. But for now I need :sleeping: sleep

9 Likes

Main focus should be on the DD and the fun. We are here (and waiting anxiously :wink: ) when you are ready!

4 Likes

Exactly this^^^

And it’s even better when you have grandkids to add to the mix. Next trip might possibly be Dgd6 for her birthday in January.

6 Likes

Ok just checked out of YC, checked our bags and hanging out by SAB. Saturday was another awesome day. We checked out of CBR, hopped the skyliner over to EP and jumped on the boat over to YC.

Room wasn’t ready so we hung out at SAB for a couple hours. Pool is truly gorgeous. Then around 2pm a storm came rolling in and they cleared the pool. About the same time we got our room ready text. Perfect timing. A little scary moment, as we were leaving the pool, DD17 slipped on the last step coming off one of the bridges and landed flat on her tailbone. She seemed ok, a Castmember came over and we picked her up. She was more embarrassed than anything but I drilled her a few time to make sure she was ok and she kept saying she was fine. (More on that later) We dropped our bags in the room (room 3047) beautiful room, beautiful view. Then we had a 2:45 @ B&C. I had the burger and DD had the chicken sandwich. Not expecting it to be good but surprisingly it they were pretty solid sandwiches after our late lunch we hopped back to the room and since we had 1 more set of after 5pm.tix I asked DD if she still wanted to use them tonight or wait til tomorrow (Sunday). She said she still wanted to go to MK and her butt was fine. So we hopped on the bus and headed to MK. Bus didn’t come til about 4:37 but we still made it to MK prior to 5pm and we tapped in at exactly 5pm right as they were doing the flag retreat. First time I’ve witnessed it. Pretty inspirational. I let DD be in charge of the itinerary for the night. No TP, just winging it. Her first choice was PM for the remainder of the evening she opted to ride BTMRRx3, Splash, Pirates, HM, and JC. And at her request she wanted to see HoP. (Without a nap during the day I have to say she may have caught me nodding more than once) at one point it started to torrential downpour as we were in line for one of the BTMRR rides. Good thing dad is a liner and has 2 ponchos in his bag on our last ride on BTMRR we caught the fireworks as they started (another Liner recommended and it was great) then we caught the rest of HEA from FrontierLand. Grabbed a few pics on the way out and bus was waiting for us when we exited. Back to the room in time to watch Epcot fireworks from the balcony. So we caught both HEA and EF fireworks. Pretty cool. by the end of night I noticed DD was limping a bit. She had a blister on the back of her heel and she said that’s what was causing it. I asked her about the tailbone incident and she said it felt better than earlier but I could tell she was not being 100% truthful so I secretly called DD32 and filled her in and asked her to find out the truth. The two of them have a great relationship and they tell each other everything. So I left the room for an “evening stroll” and DD32 called me later on and said she thinks it’s nothing. I’d hate it to turn into something later on so I just want to be cautious. I took care of the blister for her with supplies from my first aid kit. The next morning she seemed ok at breakfast so we decided to go play some mini golf… (I’ll update that day, Sunday, on the next post). Gotta go cool down in the pool. It’s my last chance to enjoy it.

29 Likes

Gorgeous pics! I really hope DD is actually ok.

3 Likes

Haven’t updated day #3 yet (Sunday 8/29) but I can give a short day 4 update (last day). Our 8pm SW flight that would of gotten us into PVD at 10pm has been delayed 7 times so far this afternoon and now it’s not taking off til 10:30 and arriving after 1am. I was so worried they will cancel it and leave us stranded at the airport until the morning that I called SW and switched it myself to the first A.M. flight which leaves at 7:20am. I snagged a Pop Century Hotwire $76 deal and at least we are gonna get a decent sleep. Same thing happened to DD17 and I one of our last trips together. (That was the whole Frontier Fiasco) at least SW customer service was efficient. I put a call in and opted for the automated call back. (They said someone would call me back in less than 20 minutes… and they did) 5 minutes later we were rebooked on the first flight out with no additional charge. Booked the Pop room via Hotwire, snagged an Uber, and now we rest. All in the matter of a 60 minute timeframe. Only issue is I land at 10am and have to be at work for noon. Gonna be a long day.

18 Likes

Your DD is absolutely adorable! I especially love the pics of you guys holding hands and her waving at the cavalcade. So glad you’re having such a wonderful time. Hope DD is healed quickly- both blister and tailbone!

3 Likes

First of all, I love this trip report soooo much!!! The view from your YC room is amazing; I’m totally jealous.

But I just wanted to say that a bruised or broken tail bone is sooooo painful, you can’t really just smile through it and pretend it’s fine just to keep from affecting a vacation. I have a really high tolerance for pain; I bruised my tailbone when I was 15; to date, it is still the most painful problem I’ve ever had – more painful than childbirth, an abscessed tooth, or a migraine. I hope your DD is right as rain from now on! :smiley:

3 Likes

I broke my tailbone in delivering my son so I got both joys together! It took a year to really heal and OMG is it painful. The process of sitting down and standing is the hardest part not the actual sitting or standing so that’s what I’d look for in someone with a broken tailbone. Are they slow to get up and sit down. I still get twinges to this day and DS is 17.

4 Likes

Thanks, thats encouraging. I was afraid she was hiding the severity for the sake of interrupting the trip. I watched her closely and didn’t notice anything unusual until we played mini golf and I watched her slowly bend down to pick up the golf ball at each hole. Had me concerned enough to look up walk-in clinics but as the day progressed she seemed to be fine and the only irritation she had was me continuously asking how she was.

9 Likes

Sunday 8/29, DD and I had breakfast at Ale & Compass. She went with waffles and I had blueberry/bacon pancakes. Both meals were solid but the waffles were better imo.

from there we walked over to Fantasia Gardens mini golf course and we played the fairway course. Nice walk over and back from YC, about 10 minutes each way. Never played mini golf at Disney before. It was fun. We got there about 10:30am. that’s pretty much where I noticed her struggle to bend over. I got a little firm this time about her description of the severity and she held her ground so we played on. And since she whooped my butt in golf I felt better that she was being truthful. we headed back to YC as we had another ADR for B&C but this time for only Ice Cream. I went with the Fudge Mud Slide and DD went with the No Way Jose after ice cream we had no plans for a 3rd park day as I only had purchased 2 days of after 5pm.tickets and we used those up so we went back to SAB and spent some more time there. Lots of pool time this trip. I must say we truly enjoyed our pool time. The slide is awesome after some time at SAB we headed back to the room to freshen up and were deciding what we wanted to do for our last night. We were contemplating DSprings but had that on the agenda for departure day tomorrow. It was around 4:00pm, So as she was in the shower I was out on the patio taking a look at last minute after 5pm convention ticket and was able to purchase 2, link them to MDE, and snag an EP APR. So off to EP we went. We did all the rides, hit a bunch of the food booths, our favorites were the Beignet with 3 cheeses from France (the chicken braised in burgundy wine was also good), the spicy hako sushi in Japan, had to have some pizza in Italy, but the winner for us was the bacon and cheddar soup and Filet Mignon from Canada. We ended up watching Epcot Forever Fireworks from a table at the Fisn n Chip place in the UK. Got sit and had great views. After that we exited out of IG, walked back to YC, hit up SAB until 11pm.close then we hopped over to BCV pool (shhh don’t tell) til about 12:30 or so. Only 1 other family was there. I introduced DD to the hot tub so I could get her to soak her back. We alternated from Hot tub to pool. And that ended our last night. I cancelled our breakfast reservations at A&C the following morning since I wanted to sleep in and e had already eaten there the day prior

25 Likes

I mean…. You are just the best dad. :purple_heart:

9 Likes

I’m glad you could change flights and get some sleep!

3 Likes