Daddy/Daughter trip 8/27/21

It’s 1:30am, I’ts 78 degrees with a slight westerly breeze and I’m sitting in a hammock overlooking the peacefully deserted Caribbean Beach resort to my right and the elegant Riviera resort to my left whilst the empty skyliners run overhead. I’m remiminiscing of the day that just passed, couldn’t sleep and wanted to share.

Started with a 3:30am wake up call to catch a 6am flight out of PVD. Thought the small airport would be a ghost town at 5am. Not so much. Full TSA queue as we entered, and a full flight. SW B-42-43 still got us seats together in the back. First time on a Max8. Spacious plane. Wide seats and plenty of legroom, even in the back. Smooth flight overall. While we were 38,000ft in the sky at 7am a special “Tink” was able to snag us RoTR BG11.
Arrived at MCO and we were boarding DME @ 9:30am, walk on, waited about 10 minutes to depart. 3/4 full, and stops were AoA, PoP, CBR, Riviera. Got a Mears bus and not the real Disney ME bus. DD17 was a little sad but I gave her the heads up before hand it could happen. Arrived at CBR @ 10:30am. Checked with front desk to see if there was a room available and ours had just been assigned. Couldn’t have timed it any better. Walked to the room, Aruba bldg.55 (closest to Riviera and skyliner) dropped bags, freshened up and walked over to Topolinos for our 11:05am breakfast ADR. Best meal I’ve had at Disney so far (even better than the Holiday Sandwich @ EoS) we had the spiced sausage hash, the sour cream waffles, the wood fired butchers steak, the quiche, some fruit and of course the pastries. Everything was excellent!! Our server, Tamara, was awesome and started off recommending we try a little of everything. So we did. Anyone who goes here should not feel hesitant to order what they’d like. I wanted to try a few different things based on recommendations from y’all but was hesitant. Our server let us know it was OK right from the start without me even asking. The characters were cute as well. Socially distanced selfies encouraged and they each came by like 3-4 times in the hour we were there. after breakfast we went out to the patio and enjoyed some views before making the 5 minute walk back over to Aruba 55 Then it was nap time!!! Yup, something we rarely do but I highly encourage, especially after a 3:30am wake up call. We had after 5pm tix to HS and we took a 2 hour peaceful nap. Woke up around 3pm, got ready and walked the resort for a spell before hopping onto the skyliner to HS. Arrived at HS at 4:45. No early entry with an after 5pm ticket like the 2pm park hopping. Just an FYI. I politely asked at 4:52pm and the CM called over a plaid with an ipad, she politely told me we could wait over there and she’d see me in 8 minutes. LoL. Worth a shot. Got in at exactly 5pm, no issues with the after 5 convention tix, scanned band, scanned finger, and it all turned green. We headed straight for ToT with a 13 minute wait, then, RnRC with an 18 minute wait, after that we headed over to SWGE to utilize our BG11 for RotR but got sidetracked when we saw Star tours with a 5 minute wait (complete walk on), then we headed to RoTR. No questions asked about BG11 showing up after 6pm. Epic ride. Everything was functional and the CM’s where in epic form. Mobile order some ronto wraps from Docking Bay 7 prior to boarding and headed over to eat after we got off. ronto wraps didn’t disappoint. Had an 8pm ressie for Ogas, it was 7:45 and I asked if we could pop in early and permission granted. We just wanted to see it really. Server was great. TBH, not impressed with the place. One and done for us with Ogas. Not overly huge Star Wars fan but fans none the less. One of my first metal lunchboxes in the 70’s was the Star Wars Lunchbox (wish I still had it) after Ogas we hopped into Toy Story land and rode Slinky at night (awesome) short wait, less than 20 minutes. Then onto Toy Story Mania (I won), then we capped it off by watching the new nightime show on the Chinese Theater after the show we walked down an empty Sunset Blvd, took some pics and bumped into the folks from ResortTV1. DD17 and I enjoy watching their stream on Fridays together when we get the chance. we ended the night hopping on the skyliner back to CBR and we caught the Epcot Forever Fireworks from the skyliner to CBR. Such a neat way to experience them. As we reached the CBR hub, we hopped onto the skyliner again to Riviera and watched the remaining fireworks. Skyliner stalled in the most perfect viewing spot as we watched the finale. Epic Night!!! Sorry no pictures of the fireworks, we were just so in awe of being able to see everything so clearly I didn’t even think about taking the camera out. Finally we made it back to our room and decided it was time for a night swim. Water was beautiful and the place was practically empty back to room, showered and DD17 hopped into bed while I went out for a short evening stroll which turned into me writing this trip report. It’s now 2:30am and getting out of this hammock was not quite as easy as getting into it. Hahaha. Tomorrow well sleep in, possibly hit the main pool after a late breakfast and skyline over to the Yacht Club where we will spend the next 2 nights. Good night all!!

50 Likes

Looks like an awesome start! Have fun…and thanks for sharing!

4 Likes

Epic day indeed! I love your trip reports so happy to see you’re back again.

5 Likes

What a fantastic start! I can’t believe you did all that on arrival day! Great pics.

5 Likes

What a great day! Thank you for sharing your day with us.

5 Likes

What a fabulous first day! Yes, TF Green is rather busy in the early morning. That’s our airport too, neighbor. Love how you planned such a great day around an after 5:00 ticket. Disney time with our kids is the best :heart: Have a great day!

5 Likes

What an amazing first day!!!
Thanks for the photos!!

4 Likes

Wonderful first day, nap and all! I love following along w/ your TRs.

3 Likes

Amazing first day!! and that DD17 kiss?! heart melting!!

5 Likes

Sounds amazing. Regarding the after 5 tickets, do you have other tickets on your accounts? If so, how did you prioritize the after 5 ticket above the others so that they were used first?

3 Likes

Wonderful! Thank you for sharing.

4 Likes

Chill morning so far. Slept in (needed it) mobile ordered a couple of Croque Madame’s from Primo Priatto, and DD & I had breakfast in the courtyard outside our room.

checking out of here at 11am and grabbing the SL over to our next resort, YC.

16 Likes

I do not have any other tix besides after 5pm tix but in the past when I had seperate media on my account I stopped at GS outside the park and asked them to prioritize my tickets. Others may chime in with different experiences but that’s what worked for me in the past

5 Likes

Sounds like an incredible day!

1 Like

Thanks neighbor😜. You know what? I’ve toured this place many times and in many different ways. Rope drop to close, resort only stays, stays with midday breaks in between rope drop and closing out the parks, couples only, with my family of 4, solo, with my daughters together and seperate, and with extended family and a group of 12. I’m pretty convinced there’s no right or wrong way if you just set your expectations accordingly. This is the first time I’ve done it this way (just after 5pm.tix) and it’s only been 1 day but I’m kinda digging it. Especially since I wanted a more chill weekend and wanted to enjoy the resorts we chose (first time at CBR & YC). Ive enjoyed every trip I’ve taken here. Probably why I keep coming back LoL. But I feel whether or not you Rope Drop, resort only, with a big group, solo, or whatever way you wish to choose, you make of it what you will and there’s no right or wrong way to do it. I enjoyed my split resort only trips with DW immensely and I never thought about coming here and not doing a park but I’m glad I did.

20 Likes

I have done the guest services thing, but now I just transfer the tickets I don’t want to use to a non traveling account bc I don’t want to have to stop. I currently am holding an un activated AP that I’m saving for next year, but I have a solo trip in 21 days on TA tickets. So I transferred the AP over to DH. When I get back I’ll transfer it back. I’ve done it before, so I know it’s possible.

4 Likes

If you like cappuccinos, the ones made at La Petit Cafe inside Riveria are AMAZING. Life changing amazing. I had one every day of our visit. I dream about that coffee.

4 Likes

Following this because I love your trip reports and would like to do a Mom/daughter trip with each of our girls. DH and I have used the after 5 tickets to great success on prior trips with just us two.

5 Likes

Fabulous

1 Like

What an awesome day! Thanks for sharing.

1 Like