D23 Excitement!

I’ve heard everyone was very impressed with it. I can’t wait to see it!

3 Likes

I read somewhere on the internet…and it was totally uncorroborated - that maybe we’re getting SOC through the end of the year so that they can reshoot the end of Soarin’ to include the enhancements to World Nature.
I would really love this so they can stop throwing salt in the wound that is the loss of Fountain of Nations. I get the sads every time we soar over it.

7 Likes

That would be fabulous. The Epcot they show at the end doesn’t even mildly resemble the Epcot of today

3 Likes

:rofl: do people think they have to take the film out of the projector to splice in new footage? :rofl::rofl::rofl:

But it will be cool if they do add in a new ending. :grin:

9 Likes

That was my first question as well.

5 Likes

@Julianne_fki they listened to you!!! That’s amazing!! I like it. I was really noticing how bad Dinoland looked the other day, at least the part where Primevil Hurl was.

6 Likes

I assumed they meant it more of a enhance the whole video sort of situation, like they did with Philharmagic last year (though Philharmagic got all new projectors too) - but the idea of them popping it out of a projector and splicing is really funny to me.

5 Likes

It would be good to have a different ending. The current one makes me wonder too much about why we have had 5 years of walls to replace what was already the perfect centerpiece to Epcot.

6 Likes

is this an announcement?

3 Likes

This idea was tweeted by TPMVids. I saw Alicia Stella retweet it. He said it was just his wish, didn’t have any insider info about it.

1 Like

No, but they would have to wait until the holidays to shoot it with the decorations up. That would be the reason for keeping SoC up until January.

1 Like

Absolutely Not Nope GIF - Absolutely Not Nope No - Discover & Share GIFs

(I was struggling between choosing this one and Leo from Wolf of Wall Street. :joy:)

10 Likes

I have wondered, once Epcot removes the walls, if they will also refilm (or rerender?) The elevator to Space220. They have a cloud conveniently hiding the mess of Epcot at the moment.

(Also…does anyone know if the climb to the station is darkness when it is dark outside?)

2 Likes

Yes, there is a day view and a night view in both the elevator and the view of earth once you’re in the station.

4 Likes

Right but they don’t have to stop showing the film they have to shoot a new ending. That’s what I found funny, the thought they have to remove the film (or even funnier a giant VHS tape) in order to film a new ending :wink:

4 Likes

Makes sense. My interpretation of the idea was that they were already planning to show SoC and this was just a matter of keeping it up a little longer than planned so that when it returns, they can debut it as something “new.”

3 Likes

Ah I get what you are saying now. I thought maybe I needed a :blowfish: on my first post or something :rofl:

2 Likes

I just always assume :blowfish: unless there is a :heart: And even then …

:rofl:

5 Likes

That’s a pretty good idea :grin:

5 Likes

Is that row 1?