Current same day FP drops

I am going to AK on 3/7 and I have a FP+ for FOP at 2:25pm. Is it a bad idea to try to modify it to earlier at one of the drops? will I risk losing it?

You will not lose the original FPP. MDE has two screens to confirm change.

You can even try modifying now and especially if the park opens earlier.

Modify away.

1 Like

No…because when you modify, you don’t lose the one you’re modifying FROM until you complete the transition to the one you’re modifying TO. You don’t have to drop the one you already have first, in other words.

5 Likes

I think you meant “Absolutely not!” based on your response and the questions asked. :smiley:

2 Likes

:grimacing: need to go back to school to learn to read. Thanks for correcting me. I’ve edited my post. Please make sure I’m accurate!:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Thanks!

I’m trying to do the same thing! My FPP for FOP is for 1:20, so far I haven’t had any luck finding something earlier but I still have a month before my trip. My current plan is to RD FOP and hopefully modify to an earlier time if we want to re-ride or switch it to something else entirely. Our current plan is to be hopping to another park before 1, so :crossed_fingers:. Worst case is we use our existing FPP and then hop afterwards, either way we’re still in Disney so not a bad way to spend a Saturday. :blush:

So here’s another scenario. For HS I have Star Tours at 9 (which I don’t really care about) , TSM at 10:05 and SDD at 6:20. If I drop Star Tours, I can try for MFSR right after I tap in for TSM? And not lose my SDD? But if I keep star tours, I can’t get any others until after 6:20 SDD check in?

No you can only have 1 tier 1 In your first 3 at the same park. SDD is a tier 1 so you’d have to modify that to MFSR or get it as a 4th, which obviously would be unlikely.

1 Like

@dayana77 Very nice of you, and good info for us newbies here.

@missoverexcited, is the additional details in bold above valid? They are not on the original info at the top of the thread and it’s the first I have seen anything about Frozen only drops or tier 2 time drops, ect.

Thanks

There was some discussion of them on chat, but not enough to say they are consistent. I don’t have an AP so I can’t check on a regular basis.

Perfect, thank you.

1 Like

I got a TSM at 1:01 on 2/1. I hadn’t been successful at 12:01, so I kept trying on the :01s and 31s.

2 Likes

I was at Epcot yesterday and looked feverishly for a Frozen Fastpass at both 1:31 and 3:31. Plenty of Soarin, but no frozen. Had two other people trying, as well.

In general, it’s usually just Soarin and Test Track for same day drops at Epcot. I suppose if someone modified from FEA you could get it, but it is the most popular since no height restriction.

They’re never guaranteed but FEA does drop. Not as often as Soarin or Test Track as @SnowWhiteDoc said. In fact we struggled to get TT too, though Soarin was easy.

Agree that Soarin was very easy. Either at a drop or just random times. I never saw FEA, and I don’t recall seeing TT either, other than times that were hours away. However I never tried very hard to get TT, so others may have better luck.

Before going to WDW under the new FPP system in December, I read about people going from FPP to FPP in the parks, particularly MK. And most SDD had FPP for 1-2 hours later. We didn’t find that FPP were that available and neither were SDD. Some SDD had FPP for hours later.

At AK, there were no SDD for FOP on December 16. We looked minutes before and minutes after each drop.

At Epcot, we were only after Soarin’ SDD on Day 1. Like others said, Soarin’ was readily available. On Day 2 (December 22nd), we wanted a TT and MS. There were plenty of shows and some TT and MS but at the 1:31 drop, they were both for after 7 PM.

At HS on Day 1, at the 12:01 drop, FPP for SDD wasn’t available until past 6. For SDD, TSM and RnR had FPP available around 4. We took the TOT for 1:50 so that we could hopefully pick up something at the 2:31 drop. But only TOT was available at the 2:31 drop. Day 2 at HS (December 23), we couldn’t move our FPPs earlier and their weren’t any drops at 2:31.

MK on December 15, we couldn’t move up the FPP and were challenged to get anymore, except POC and iasw, after 1 PM. It was a 6 PM closing day. But we RD BTMR on an 8 AM opening and got 8 rides (1 with FPP) done by 10 AM.

Had terrific success on Monday, Feb. 3.

Modified existing Navi reservation for 12:25 to FOP at 12:25 at the 11:01 drop.

Then at 1:01, picked up FOP again for 2:15.

Thanks for the thread and all of the info.

11 Likes