Current same day FP drops

I was hoping to get a FEA for Epcot but none ever showed up, even at the earlier times.

For magic kingdom, I knew they are random but I had to fight all day to get one for the jungle cruise, which I didn’t think would be that hard! We got haunted mansion one day but not the other…never even saw one pop up and we checked alllll day. Also looked for thunder mountain a bunch and never saw it.

Tried for tower of terror and rockin roller coaster at Hollywood. Never saw either of those all day, nor slinky dog or toy story mania (lucky we already had a sdd early in the day, but would’ve liked to do it again).

1 Like

Same Day Drops are not guaranteed.

Five is not that many people. We were a party of four in mid-December, right before Christmas.

There are no set times for MK Drops. We couldn’t move PP or SM earlier when we were there. And neither were there any FPPs for the headliners during the day we were there. But it didn’t matter. We had FPPs for the 3 biggest rides. RDing allowed up to ride the rest.

There were no Same Day Drops the day we were at AK. We were very disappointed because we wanted a second ride on FOP. We did SB in the early evening and waited 50 minutes.

We picked up Same Day Drops both days we were there: TT (2x), MS, and Soarin’.

We picked up Same Day Drops on only one of the two days we were at HS. Both times, it was ToT,

Make sure you use the most current times for Same Day Drops:

1 Like

So sorry you didn’t have any luck. Just curious, since I’m in the process of my own planning too, we’re you using the fresh trick also when looking for passes in MK?

ETA FWIW though I’ve had lots of luck in MK, HM and JC have been tough up get.

Yes, we found ourselves both constantly on our phones refreshing which was a little annoying. At some point, we just stopped and enjoyed the time with our kids.

I won’t say it was entirely unsuccessful. And, we booked our fast passes early and were able to do everything we wanted from flight of passage yesterday (line was 215 minutes long!), seven dwarves mine train three times, rise of the resistance, smugglers run, slinky dog, etc. with minimal waiting. It involved rope dropping where possible, being “on it” with fast pass planning, and snagging fast passes where possible for smaller rides like the tea cups or meeting tinker bell. Having a good plan really did make a difference, and thanks to everyone here for the great suggestions!

1 Like

Can I ask what the “fresh trick” is? We’ll be heading to Disney in the beginning of March and hoping to score some same day FPPs.

Haha typo on my part - should be the refresh trick. Check out this post.

Basically you flip back and forth between times to get more options to show up. MDE can only show you three options at a time so as you flip between times, book something, and go back to modify more start to pop up.

I’m frustrated. I only have one park hopper day and I am going to get a BG for RoTR but I have no idea what time it will be for. My FPs are for 5-7 Pm at TSM, ToT and SDD. This means unless I modify them day of and happen to move them to the morning that I will spend a whole day in the parks unable to try for FPs. I also don’t know if I will get a morning BG or an evening BG. Because of the BG time I don’t know if I will be doing HS in the morning or evening. Right now I’m planned for leaving HS and coming back in the evening and spending the day at AK but it is driving me crazy that I can’t try for drops during the day if I do that. I also won’t use my FPs up early to get more later in the day.
I wish MDE made it so you can keep your FP and modify your tier 1 to search at another park so that if a FoP FP appears you get the option to drop ALL FP at a different park in favor of the new FP.
RoTR is really making it tough to plan FPs.
This is also my first time park hopping.

I did HS and animal kingdom on split days. My plan was AK morning with FP, then HS evening and to see what would happen with same day fast passes.

We changed our plans to arrive at HS first to get a BG. I wanted to time that to be evening for this to work. I decided that 20 seconds after 7:00 ( HS opening time) would get me either a later BG or some of the first BBG. Doing that gave me BG 54… this got called right when we were finishing up in AK at yak and yeti.

Tower of terror and Aerosmith fast passes were all over, I did snag one toy story mania, and ended the day grabbing a fantasmic one.

1 Like

@len Look here!

2 Likes

With day 1 of FP for MFSR, has anyone seen anything available in today’s Drops at 9:31, 12:01 or 2:31?

There are reports on chat of at least 9:31 and 2:31 that included MFSR

3 Likes

Good to hear that! I’m kinda optimistic about my DHS day in a few weeks now.

2 Likes

There was nothing at 12:01. I’ll try at 2:31

1 Like

I may as well since I’m in a massive runDisney merch line!

3 Likes

i got TSM but nothing else seemed to drop

3 Likes

TSM is still a win in my book. I keep trying to modify my MFSR to MMRR or SDD but haven’t had any luck. My HS day is March 5th so that may have something to do with it.

1 Like

agree!! I will try MFSR single rider line again but given the choice i would take TSM FPP so i lucked out!

1 Like

I tried to get a second ride on Soarin and was sad to discover they wouldn’t let me have 2 FPP for the same ride in the same day. :frowning:

Did you use 2 Tier 2 FP before trying for another Soarin’ FP?

Yep. I’d used all my premade FPP for that day. It absolutely would not let me. I got an error message saying something like I had already had a FPP for that specific attraction that day.