CRT for breakfast or lunch as a rope drop family?

Good morning all! I’m trying to think through & plan out our ADR’s before our 180 day window, and I’m wondering about CRT in MK. We typically prefer to rope drop and hit the TP hard in the morning before taking a break.

What I’m wondering is if it is better to do breakfast or lunch? Are there the same benefits to getting the coveted 8 a.m. slot @CRT as there are for BOG (i.e. among first entrance to 7DMT)? Is there enough time to experience CRT and still catch rope drop for some rides? How about breakfast meal offerings vs. lunch? With 6 of our 9 vacation days there being MNSSHP days, I’m not sure if it makes sense to do a later/more laid back morning arrival or not, but I could kick that idea around with some feedback, I suppose. TIA!

I’m sure there are advantages to the 8 am spot, but the strategy backfired on me for our trip. I booked BBB for the 8 am spot for a PPO advantage and hours changed to an 8 am open. We lost our first hour of RD touring time. I am ok with it since the memories will be worth it, but wanted to share my experience in case it helps.

1 Like

Thx for the input! BTW, what does PPO stand for? I’ve seen that one several times but can’t figure it out (I’ll likely have the “duh” moment once I figure it out)!!!

You’re welcome! Pre park opening:-)

1 Like

I would go for lunch. You’re rope droppers because you know that you can get a lot done in those early hours of the day! Why waste them at breakfast? Park hours get rolled back pretty often and what was an advantage when it was 0800 on a 9a open is now a hindrance. That won’t happen for lunch.

1 Like

And lunch will give you the luxury of that later start to the day if you decide to forego rope drop that morning because of the party

3 Likes

I’d go with lunch. As a fellow RD family, we go hard in the morning and are ready for a nice break at lunch time. Its a perfect break in the day whether you’re going to keep touring or go back to the hotel.

2 Likes

We thought about lunch too, but decided to do a later breakfast spot (10 am) in the end. We’ll do morning EMH (8 am) to get a good start on the day, and then after stuffing ourselves at CRT we’ll almost certainly skip lunch. We’ll be able to tour during lunchtime instead. I imagine that some popcorn, dole whips, etc., may find their way to us in the afternoon. :slight_smile:

One of the factors for us was the price. The lunch price is the same as the dinner price, as I recall, and I had a hard time justifying such a pricey lunch back when I was planning my ADRs. (For another thing, my MIL reaaaaly liked breakfast there last trip, so I didn’t want to mess with a good thing.)

2 Likes

Agree late breakfast is a good balance

1 Like

I would go at lunch for sure. I have gone to CRT at the 8am PPO with the thought that I would be done by RD. We got there but then we had to wait for them to call us to come upstairs. This was in mid-July. We ended up not being able to actually sit down upstairs until almost 8:20. We did not get to order our food until 8:30. Then we did not want to leave early before meeting all the princesses. It was stressful.
By going at lunch it will be a nice break in the day where you can rest up from the morning and then you can relax a bit more without worrying about missing anything.

1 Like

Always end up with lunch because we may “plan to RD” but if someone doesn’t want to get up early I’m not stressing a missed ressie. Bonus to lunch time is then we have some air conditioning to sit in when it starts to warm up.

1 Like