CRT breakfast - Disney adult ordering off kids menu

Does anyone have any experience with this? DS17 is going to struggle to order off the adult menu and I think he’d prefer to have the kids waffle with a couple of sides. I’ve asked in chat but not had any replies and I’m impatient!

I think you can always order off the childs menu but as others have said they will charge him adult prices still.

3 Likes

Yeah I’ve already prepaid for two adults. If he gets an adult meal he’d be leaving most of it anyway so paying adult price for something he’ll actually eat doesn’t seem too bad.

I have asked him to look at the menu but he hasn’t so far.

2 Likes

I agree. They won’t have a problem letting him order whatever he wants, but you’ll pay the adult price regardless. We ended up with this at Storybook Dining a few years back which is why we stay away from prix fixe menus for the most part. It stinks paying $60 for pasta and marinara :laughing:

7 Likes

I am also considering lunch where I know he’d love the beef but he won’t eat potatoes! Though they do have pasta on the adult menu. But I’d rather pay $42 for him to eat off the kids menu than $62 for sure.

1 Like

Do you see a side on the menu he would enjoy? In my experience they don’t have issue subbing a different side; occasionally a small upcharge may be involved.

1 Like

No not really. I was hoping there would be fries! I’ll figure it out. I just want to eat in the castle, we’ve never done it.

2 Likes

Are there fries on the kids menu?? I’m sure there must be

Dd20 and I were there in October. She doesn’t eat eggs, bacon, or sausage. She also has an allergy to artificial sweetener (so we met chefs at almost every meal as it isn’t a common allergy and they had TONS of questions)

They were amazing w/ her. Our server brought multiple baskets of breakfast pasteries and dd ordered the Beef Tenderloin as her main meal.

If your son would eat the beef, I am sure they could cobble together a meal for him w/ that and some Mickey waffles. :sunglasses:

3 Likes

No there aren’t. I was surprised too. Mashed potatoes.

Thanks! I think it’s going to be ok whatever happens. He’s not going to starve!

2 Likes

Here is my post from our CRT breakfast in October. You can see the basket of pasteries as well as the plate of beef that dd had for breakfast. :upside_down_face:

1 Like

Well.

I know you don’t want to base your experience on “maybe” but it has been our experience that they will get something to the guest’s liking if it’s possible.

I realize, though, too, that there is not another restaurant that may use the same kitchen. The example I’m thinking of for accommodating the wishes of the guest is at 'Ohana when Luke was younger and was not enjoying any of the food; our server picked right up on it and was able to magic some chicken nuggets and fries to us. But Capt Cooks is right there so that’s a little different probably.

1 Like

Looks yummy!

1 Like

We can ask, if he doesn’t end up eating enough we can always grab something else later. Even if he does eat enough I’m sure we’ll have to grab something else later!

2 Likes

Hi - I was just at CRT with my girls a couple months ago but this was for dinner. My older daughter didn’t want anything from the adult menu so she ordered from the kids menu. My youngest is 7. They gave my older daughter a bigger portion of the child’s menu items if that makes sense. The first course they both chose the cheese and grapes and we laughed because my DD7 got a regular portion and my older daughter got this huge plate of cheese and grapes. Like a dinner size plate where they just piled on a bunch of grapes and cheese. They both got the chicken nuggets and again older daughter got more. The dessert was the same size for both since it was the decorate your own cupcake.

5 Likes

That’s really helpful, thank you!

1 Like

We just came back and my 10 year old adult did this at 3 character meals-they gave her a VAT of Mac and cheese at Be our Guest, and a huge platter of Mickey Waffles at Topolinos (which I may have pilfered from…)

1 Like

This is good info, thanks! We are definitely doing breakfast.

1 Like