Crowds in July vs October?

We are planning a short trip–2 days at WDW, 2 at Universal. I had originally scheduled it for October, but now with SWGE opening, I am thinking of moving our trip to July, because HS is one of the parks we want to visit, and we don’t care about SW.

Crowd calendar generally says levels of 5-7 for all parks on both of our weekends.

Thoughts? Will HS be ridiculous in October?

Also, I know July is one of Universal’s busiest months…how will it be if we have an Express Pass? We enjoyed low crowds last October with EP, but don’t have anything to compare it to.

We visited Universal last July for 2 days also with the Express Pass. We were easily able to do everything we wanted to do. We loved the Express Pass as our kids (7 and 5 at the time) almost always wanted to ride immediately after our initial ride. I think we rode Forbidden Journey 6 times in a row which wouldn’t have been possible without EP as posted WT was 60 minutes I think.

Can’t speak to WDW in July other than it’ll be hotter than the surface of the sun. But we went in October last year and it was still high 80s and it felt pretty crowded.

Thanks for that info! Yes, argh, it will be hotter than the sun.