Crowds and fast passes after Star Wars Land

We are hoping to go to Disney World the end of January 2020 after Star Wars Land should have been built. Should we expect crowds at Hollywood Studios to still be crazy because of Toy Story Land and Star Wars Land being added? Will the other parks be less crowded than Hollywood Studios because of it? Also, when do you think fast passes will open for the new area?

I would expect crowds to be crazy for at least a couple of years after Star Wars Land opens. Seriously, if you thought Pandora was busy you ain’t seen nothing yet.

I think TSL FPs opened at 60 days but wouldn’t swear to it. I know for other new rides the FPs have opened much later.

2 Likes

I too expect HS to be very crowded and reservations difficult to get for quite some time.

1 Like

My goal is to not go either DLR/WDW for a year after Star Wars will open. I don’t think I will be able to deal with the craziness.

2 Likes

With wdw we run into the 50 year celebration while Galaxy Edge will still be crazy. It is going to be tough.

2 Likes

Sheer madness is what i would call it. DLR Diamond celebrations lasted a LONG time though, so I am hoping it will calm down at some point.

1 Like

Yes, but then think of the other new attractions opening in Epcot and MK!

2 Likes

Tron, Ratatouille and GotG rollercoaster right? It will be madness. This year will be a good year to get all the Disney before a long break.

I live so close to Disneyland I might go for a day to check, but will leave the rest alone.

3 Likes

Realistically, if you don’t get an FP for one of the Star Wars rides, your chances of even getting into the land itself is very, very slim. Probably for a month or two after opening.

Now how long some die hard fans are prepared to wait in line for a chance of being allowed in, is an interesting question.

I don’t think anyone knows whether those that can’t get in will stay around in DHS and do everything else, or whether they’ll cut their losses and leave.

Unless you’re prepared to take a chance, I would say “Avoid at all costs”!

2 Likes

I figure it’ll be a great time to go to the other parks and skip Studios (which TBH I typically do anyway).

2 Likes

7 Likes