Crowd Levels with Reservation limitations

We will be going to WDW in a few weeks. Tickets/Reservations made. Currently the Crowd Levels are relatively reasonable at the parks on our upcoming days (5, 7, 6) but one of the days is already sold out of reservations. Does that mean we should actually expect a “10” day?
Does TP not update based on the reservation availability?

Reservation availability doesn’t tell you what the crowd level will be. How many reservations did Disney make available on a given day and what percentage of park capacity does that represent?

1 Like

I’m going on April 22nd for the first time in many years. I’ve been noticing the same thing, and expecting a 10 day for my trip days as well.

I hope you have a great time regardless of the crowds. :slight_smile:

@Angela_e77

Welcome! Ask anything & often!!

FYI – A common misconception about Touring Plans Crowd Levels is that they are an indicator of the number of people in each park. However, they are an indicator of average queue waits at the rides in that park during 11am – 5pm - the peak ride times.

A predicted CL5 can feel like a CL9 in terms of park capacity, but the queues may be moving quickly.

Conversely, you can be in a predicted CL9 park that feels less crowded, like a CL 5, because the streets aren’t packed. However, all the queues are super long.

Touring Plans doesn’t predict crowds, just queue waits. :smiley:

3 Likes

The tricky thing about reservation availability is that we are not privy to the reasons. It could be that Disney reduced reservations for a specific day because of some issue with staffing, for example, and not because more people are going to be in the parks that day. Disney can manipulate number of park reservations however they see fit!

3 Likes

I think a common misconception is that sold out park reservations is the same as the park being at capacity (i.e. in the past when they’d close Magic Kingdom at Christmas because it was at capacity). My understanding is that this is not the case - no more park reservations does not mean that the park is at capacity.