Crowd Levels, Park Pass sell-outs, & Park Reservations

Good timing. This has been a popular question lately.

7 Likes

Interesting read. Thank you for pointing that out.

1 Like

@ryan1 should add a link to this to his dot phrase

Thanks for sharing this!

3 Likes

It’s like they are listening to us.

I’m creeped out.

3 Likes

They would be wise to listen :joy:

3 Likes

Thanks for this.

Key quote from the article:
"…crowd levels don’t line up very well with which days are sell-outs"

On a positive note, park reservations are still available for all but MK today, tomorrow, and Thursday. So at least Disney is giving guests more flexibility during low crowd periods.

2 Likes

I’m really worried about this next week. The park availability is horrific. I understand how the crowd levels are based on rides, but the “feels like” temperature with so many humans will be miserable.

1 Like

Odd, but reading the comments at the end of the article, it’s originally from June 2020. I hope all the info is still valid.

1 Like

Good catch, I missed that. I’ve seen this happen before. TP just re-posts an old article, maybe because there is still a need for it.

1 Like

I understand a sold out park doesn’t have to go hand in hand with a high crowd level, but I have a Magic Kingdom reservation for August 23. I thought that might be clever due to the early closing time (MNSSHP).

Now the Magic Kingdom is sold out for that day (park reservation, not the party!).
So… How confident are you with your crowd level prediction of 2/10? :slight_smile:

Most party days in aug are sold out for MK. It’s probably a staffing issue. I am curious to watch wait times during the first party day to see if the low crowds/wait time holds true.

1 Like

I think your still good. Tom Bricker over at tourist blog thinks it’s mostly a staffing issue, ie having enough CMs to cover regular park hours and the party, hence WDW wants to keep crowds low that day. You may be in line for an awesome day! I’m going for the extended hours the following evening, and now I’m mildly worried about crowds during the day.

2 Likes