Crowd Level 5

I am planning our family’s first trip to WDW with DH, DD6, DS2, and myself. For everyday, and every park, we are at a CL5. Is that a lot of waiting? Is it lose a kid scary crowd? Thanks for your opinions!

1 Like

Crowd level 5 is like a dream, IMO.

It’s very, very subjective though. I’ve never personally been concerned with losing our DD, but she isn’t the bolting type.

If you haven’t already, take a look at this:
[touring plans crowd level page][1]

That may be helpful in giving you an idea of the crowd level numbers.
[1]: https://touringplans.com/walt-disney-world/crowd-levels

2 Likes

You’re in for a treat. For us last year, with a week @ 5 crowd level, a touring plan, and judicious FPP usage, we never stood in a single line. Think of that… not a single line, the whole week. It was like a magic trick.

ps. The above does not include lines for food of course… or waiting for a show, where you can’t get into an auditorium until the last show has cleared.

pps. Ok, there was one line. For Barnstormer, of all things, we waited for 10-15 minutes.

3 Likes

Of course something could always happen and the crowds can increase but I live a crowd level of 5! Although crowd levels are aligned to waits at attractions I have found that 5’s usually mean I can walk through the parks!

2 Likes

Thank you so much for your thoughts! I’ve tried my best to look at the numbers, but I wanted some of your awesome liner knowledge! I’m hoping our first trip goes well so I can convince my DH for return visits! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Is there ever not a line at Barnstormer?

With good touring plans, FPPs, and showing up at the parks for Rope Drop, my family and I routinely zip through on CL8s, 9s, and even 10s. Typical wait times less than 10 min, max wait times of 15-20 mins. CL5 should be easy-peasy!

Where you’ll see the difference: on a CL9 or 10 day, my family and I bail out of the parks around 1-2pm and don’t return until 5-6pm. On days like that, the heat & hordes of people between 2-5pm make walking around a miserable experience, but you won’t have that to worry about.

2 Likes

Yes. When it’s broken or under refurb

:grin:

1 Like

I meant that Barnstormer was the only line worthy of the name that we had to endure, after rope drop, our TP, and FPP had done their work. And I said “of all things” because… I mean, it’s Barnstormer. Who expects Barnstormer to be the thing that stops the glory train?

2 Likes

The littles love it :wink: And it’s like Dumbo in that it doesn’t hold too many people at once and is not a continuous load. Those three things? Perfect storm :wink:

1 Like

So on my Epcot day, my TP does not suggest any FastPasses, but should I get 3 anyways? Any suggestions?

You should always get FPs if that is the only park you will be going to (save for the 2nd if you are park hopping). Get them for any attraction you will be doing. Most likely you would only need it for test track if you are doing that (unless Soarin is open).

1 Like

Soaring is closed! Such TT, and my other highest wait time rides?

Yes! You never know when a ride is going to get backed up. You may think you do not need that Nemo or Spacehip Earth FP but if you get there and there is a 30 minute wait you will be happy you do!

2 Likes

[quote=“MinnieMama22, post:11, topic:20938, full:true”]
So on my Epcot day, my TP does not suggest any FastPasses, but should I get 3 anyways? Any suggestions?
[/quote]For crowd level 5, your TP is not going to show much need for FPP, but as PrincipalTinker says, get them anyway, because you never know. My recommendations for Epcot, based on family ages, would be Turtle Talk and the Character Spot from category 1… and probably Illuminations for category 2. I’m not a huge fan of using FPP on nighttime shows, but Mission Space and TT are probably a little much for those ages. If your DD6 is particularly brave and can handle TT, then use the 3rd FPP for that instead… with rider swap in fact, she’d get 2 rides for one wait.

2 Likes

Great advice! Thank you!

1 Like

To just get an idea of what different crowd levels look like, at least in MK, check out this link from the Blog…

4 Likes

That video makes CL 5 look pretty doable!

1 Like

Very doable…we had mostly 5 and 6 CL in early December…no crowd issues at all…

2 Likes