Crowd Calendar Changes 2/22/22

First lunch and second lunch? Are we hobbits? :wink:

Ready for the big stawm??

4 Likes

As of right now, most of our park day choices for our early December trip are ranging from 2 to 4. I would love it if that sticks. I have my doubts, based on some of the recent unpredictability.

2 Likes

I still “technically” have a Disney trip on the books for the first week of December Everything went up 1 point / level everyday. I won’t be surprised if it continues to climb though. Gonna be a busy year for theme parks! Just gonna try to do all my travel when school is in session / non-holiday time.

1 Like

Isn’t that like one week in the American school year?

1 Like

DD6: I’m too old to nap!!!
ME: Good point. Here. Try this Benadryl Dole Whip. It’s delicious

4 Likes

Just have them walk around World Showcase a few times. They will nap.

2 Likes

Not if I nap first! HAHAHA

3 Likes

Thanks y’all! I went back through and looked at the levels for a friend’s trip that was the week after Thanksgiving. TP has one of their days as being a 1 at AK … they said the park was packed that day. Also, their HS day TP says it was a 2 - “shoulder to shoulder” was the way they described it . They typically travel the week after Thanksgiving, so wasn’t their first rodeo. This might scare me even more… that TP classified it as a 1 in the historical calendar, yet it felt completely packed.

Good ideas… I guess I feel like it’s such a waste to go back from 11-4. LOL… I like to go, go, go but hate to wait in line. Especially since we’re just taking a super quick trip and have only 1 day in each park. Oh well, guess I have the decision to either suck it up and make the best of it or wait til next year and hope it’s better.

Crowd levels are based on ride wait times, and I think you can see what was reported for waits on that day in the historical view.

When a lot of restaurants and shows are closed, it puts a lot more people in the walkways. I wonder if that explains some of the disconnect between the “feel” and the recorded crowd level?

4 Likes

The changes discussed in this thread

suggest that Disney is expecting the parks to be busy through that end date (and least). When they last pulled one ILL$ from the parks and moved them to G+ was during the busy Christmas holiday season.

Just thought this might also help to answer your question

2 Likes