Crowd calendar and Halloween Horror Nights?

The Crowd Calendar predictions for our Universal dates are super-high, with one reaching the dreaded 10. We’re going to UOR on a Saturday/Sunday in October, which means we’re going on Halloween Horror Nights. This is my first trip to Universal and I have no idea what a level 10 at USF on a HHN Saturday means. Does HHN figure into the crowd calendar at all? Are the two parks going to be flooded with people trying to cram in a whole day at USF before the park closes for the party? We’re planning to get Express for both days. We can’t change our plans, but I’d like to be prepared for what crowds will be like.

ETA: We are not going to HHN because we are middle-aged ladies who are not into scary stuff. We are going to The Palm for dinner where the most terrifying thing will be the bill. :scream:

2 Likes

I would think you’ll be fine if you buy Express like you plan. :grin: I’m sure some on here that go more often than me will chime in soon.

1 Like

Welcome! Please ask anything & as often as needed!!

No. Only the regular operating hours.

Yes. Saturdays & Sundays are when the locals come out. HHN offers a “Frequent Fear” pass each season that allows you to attend every night for around $150 - $170. (It hasn’t come out for 2022 yet, but soon!) It is wildly popular with the locals. (I don’t blame them!!)

So all the local AP holders come out for the daytime as well as night. Expect to see a surge of people after 2pm.

This is vital! Try to buy it in advance - ASAP. The price goes up each day as they as sold via “on demand” pricing. A UXP could be $150 today, go up to $250 by mid-July and over $300+ in Sept.

2 Likes

Thank you so much! That all makes sense. So it sounds like we need to get as much done before 2 PM as possible. I had planned to do USF AM one day and IOA first the next, but am I right in thinking that the biggest crowds will be at USF and it might be a good idea to do that park first both mornings?

The biggest crowds will still be at IOA - Hagrid’s / VelociCoaster and such. This is why they put HHN at the other park. With the UXP you really will be able to do EVERYTHING with low waits. It really is what you think a “fast pass” should be! On average you’ll only wait about 33% of the posted wait. (Ironically, Hagrid’s & VC are the only two attractions in either park that don’t accept UXP… :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:)

If you are staying on-site try to take advantage of Early Park Admission. You’ll get so much done without even having to use the UXP!!

I would still get over to USF by lunch though. IOA stays open later for people not doing HHN. You can always go over there after 5pm. IOA should stay open until 8pm or 9pm whereas USF will close at 5pm or 6pm.

2 Likes

Awesome! Thanks!

1 Like

The transition is very orderly. No lingering at this event.

2 Likes

Per @darkmite2 suggestion, I ordered my UXP yesterday. Now I just need to tell my friends that they aren’t quite done spending money on pre-trip plans!

1 Like

Just curious… What was the price? I didn’t want to scare you, but I know it will be well over $250+ in October.

I got the regular Universal Express Pass for $110.70 for Saturday, Oct 15 and $100.63 for Sunday, Oct 16. That’s after tax and ordered through Undercover Tourist to get the $6 discount.

1 Like

That’s a good price! Check the calendar in October to see what you saved!! :money_mouth_face:

1 Like