Critique of AK 1 Day Plan, and Question about FP

https://touringplans.com/plans/print?id=2357041

What are the chances of being able to get a FP for Kilimanjaro after using the 3rd FP at Meet Favorite Disney Pals? That would really cut that wait time down, but this is my first Disney trip, so I don’t know a lot about FP and if it would still be available that late in the day.

Thanks!

I can’t answer about the FP, but would swapping killimanjaro with Nemo cut the wait time at all?

Obviously the FPPs listed are ones that you would “like” to get. Unless I missed a major news story, there has been no official information regarding Pandora FPPs, other than the assumption that both rides will have them. There are rumors that AK may go to a tiered FPP system similar to what EP and DHS are using.

You will be there 3 days after Pandora opens. The park will be crazy busy; tons of people will be pouring in to see Pandora, and will then filter out through the rest of the park. I don’t know what CL TP currently has indicated for the day, but I would assume it’s going to be a 10. TP has no “real” or historical data to use for something like this as this is the largest single opening that WDW has had in years.

Six min for the River Journey right at RD may be realistic - as long as you are at the verty front of the RD pack - but keeep in mind that the RD pack may start growing several hours before the park opens. I think most of the times on you TP are unrealistic considering the special circumstances. The same goes for eating times; I can’t imagine that you will be able to order and eat at Pizzafari at the height of the lunch hour in 30 min. Your walk times may also be longer; I would expect the relatively narrow paths in AK to be very crowded and maneuvering through them - especially if you have a stroller - could be challenging.

You haven’t specified what ages are in your group, but based on your ride selections, I’m assuming it’s mixed, with at least one small child. Many people would say that 8-plus hours, straight, without a mid day break, is a recipe for a melt-down disaster. Have you considered touring until 1:00 or 2:00, taking a break until 5:00 or 6:00 and then coming back? Seeing Pandora at night is supposed to be spectacular, plus there’s Rivers of Light, the street entertainment, Tree of Life awakenings, etc.

I’m not trying to be a “Donald Downer” here, but I think you need to be prepared for what you are getting into.

1 Like

Specifically, to answer your question on the Safari, I’ve never been able to get FP after my others are used. I’m a frequent visitor local annual passholder who only goes on the weekdays. However, if you go late before closing when it’s closer to dusk, you might be able to get on standby with a 30 to 45 minute wait.

I know people are naysaying about the crowds when Pandora opens. None of us can predict what that is going to do. In fact, touring plans has been inaccurate by 4 levels the last three times I’ve been there, and not to our advantage, so basically, stick to these expectations and ideas: Get there at rope drop, ride your favorite non-fast pass ride first, schedule your FP’s sometime between 10:30 and 4:30, take a two hour lunch break off site away from the crowds, or go hang out at the Conservation Station for a relaxing break away from the crowds for a couple hours. Come back after 4:30 and go the opposite direction of the crowds, which I think will be opposite of Pandora, i.e. Dinoland, most likely, which is rarely crowded in the evenings. And, you may still be able to ride Everest Single Rider several times an hour before closing.

1 Like