Critique my G+ plan

I think your plan of getting one LL at AK is reasonable since you are only aiming for 3-4 attractions at HS and are spending most of your time at AK.

I would do this:

• Try to get an early KS during the 7:08-7:11am drop
  • Use your KS by 9:30am and get an evening LL for ToT (they run out by as early as 9:55am)
  • Try to get SDD at the 12:02pm drop
  • See if there’s anything at HS at 2:02pm or 2:32pm drop (or try for SDD again if you miss 12:02pm drop)

You should be fine rope dropping FoP and Navi. You should be fine riding TSM standby in the evening if you don’t get a LL at ~2pm.

If all else fails, standby works just fine for the number of attractions you are trying to do. Hit SDD just before park close if you don’t get a LL.

3 Likes

Preach. I had to Google how to cancel a LL because I panic-booked the first JC reservation and then couldn’t figure out how to do it on the app. You have to go to the “My Day” section and scroll through meaningless BS that it puts there until you find your actual LL reservation, click on that and then cancel from there.

Incidentally, as I was double checking the above, the app froze loading the My Day page and then had a pop up asking me to rate the MDE app. Pinnacle of irony.

3 Likes

Looking at thrilldata from this past Sunday as a model and trying to apply the 80/20 rule in terms of LL effort/stress I would recommend:

• EE NRJ - should be a walkon
  • $ILL FoP - shouldn’t be too hard to get a morning time if you book between 7:10 - 7:25
  • Wait in standby for KS at 8-ish. posted wait 45 mins.
  • Then do shows, walk around, etc. Plenty of time to meet lunch goal at 12:30.

Keep G+ for HS evening stack.

• 7AM: book SDD. Refresh and book once displayed times hit 4PM or so, should get you an evening time. If you end up with too early a time you can try again at ~7:12.
  • 12:00-12:30 book TSM for an evening time. This may vary and it could sell out so keep an eye on it.
    You may or may not be able to get ToT at 10:00 for LL2 - I heard the 2nd tower is coming back up which should help. Worst case try to get it at a drop. I think you’re better off trying to get ToT via a drop than SDD.
5 Likes

I like this plan as well. If you’re dead set on SDD without standby, this is probably your best option.

Only note is that if you aren’t planning to use ILL, you will just have to hit FoP first for RD, then go next door to Navi.

2 Likes

Not doing ILL$ though so have to RD FOP

1 Like

Oh and KS didn’t open till 8:30am the day I was there.

2 Likes

Sorry, I missed the $ILL constraint in your OP. In that case I like @Jeff_AZ’s plan better - the morning feels a bit tight if you have to RD FoP, NRJ and KS. Trading the SDD LL for ToT + KS feels like a good deal and you still have a chance for drops later.

2 Likes

I thought I had a good understanding of G+.
Then I read this thread.
:confounded:

It requires so much brain bandwidth.

3 Likes