Credit for unused ticket toward PH or PhotoPass

We purchased 6, 5-day dated single-park tickets from Boardwalk Ticketing and one in our party is likely not going. Can anyone think of a way to reassign that ticket’s value so we could use it to add something to the other 5, like park hopping, Genie+, or PhotoPass?
We are reaching out to Boardwalk, too, but asking here in case anyone has any out-of-the-box ideas. I know I can change the date on the ticket and it looks like I can reassign it to another person within MDE, but I can’t think of how that would benefit the other 5 at this point.
Any ideas are appreciated!

I think your best bet is ask for a refund from Boardwalk or otherwise you are stuck with the tickets. I doubt Disney will do anything.

2 Likes

I know our tickets we had a credit at Disney when we cancelled a trip and they would only apply the credit to other tickets. Apparently the ticket system is completely separate from resorts and experiences. We tried to apply them to a dessert party and they said no-go.

1 Like

Thank you both!

This gives me a sliver of hope to transferring into credit for PH.
If i have any success I’ll post hear for future knowledge.

1 Like

We ended up with an extra ticket after 1 person backed our on our trip, and i was going to ask if we could do the same thing. However, I saw a post last week from Undercover Tourist (where I bought the tickets) that they had updated their refund policy, and I was able to return the ticket to them.

2 Likes

To close the loop on this topic, here’s the response we got from Boardwalk:

"Unfortunately Walt Disney World tickets are non-refundable. However, the unused ticket will never lose its value.

You may use that ticket at a future date by rescheduling it in your MyDisneyExperience account."

Guess I’ll just have to sacrifice and volunteer as tribute to go back to WDW for a solo trip… :joy::joy::joy:

3 Likes

That is a sacrifice you must make.

1 Like

For some reason my husband disagreed. :laughing::laughing:

3 Likes

Hmmm. That’s odd. :joy:
(Mine won’t get it either).

1 Like

Mine more wants to arm wrestle me for a chance to be the one to use it. :smile::muscle:

3 Likes

Ohhh. That’s actually better somehow.

2 Likes

To add just a bit more general info to this topic, my wife and I just learned (to our chagrin) that Disney will not book a single day ticket to any of their vacation packages. They require a minimum 2-day ticket purchase. Wasn’t aware of that previously. And a single day ticket (even if you buy it directly from Disney at the same time one books the “room only” reservation … as we did) is not refundable while the room only reservation is still refundable per Disney’s standard cancellation policy. Since we are now thinking about cancelling this one day visit in April, Disney’s phone rep told me this morning that they could reassign that non-refundable ticket to a future trip we have planned in September and then transfer me to their ticketing sales people who would “readjust” the number of purchased tickets that are part of the September package. I took it that meant they would then reduce my outstanding September balance still due by the cost of one less ticket. That was all they were able to do. Bottom line, the ticket has to be used somehow as it’s cost is never refundable given how we bought it.

2 Likes