Credit Card Rewards & Points General Thread

Looks like the terms are spelled out here:

https://global.americanexpress.com/card-benefits/detail/delta-flight-credit/delta-gold

Likely most relevant portion (detailed terms below this part reference calendar year, as opposed to your personal card year.)

2 Likes

DH just got approved for this card today! But, I’m glad I read your caveats so I can time the spending in the 3 month period to make it work for the trip we want to take.

1 Like

Thanks. I am perplexed, because I don’t appear to have received my $100 credit. I am going to pay attention. I should hit the $10000 within a couple months, and so would expect to see the $200 credit.

2 Likes

I’m such an idiot. I just now realized why I didn’t receive the $100 credit. I’m not using my Delta SkyMiles card for purchases, but my Disney Visa! (Cut me some slack…I mean, they both start with D…right?) I only used my Delta SkyMiles card to earn the points, plus some monthly recurring charges that I bill to that card so that it stays active.

They are raising the annual fee from $99 to $150. I’m thinking this might make the card not worth it to me. I had already been hesitating when it was $99…but the first year was free, so I went ahead. Gotta figure out what to do now.

Ha! We’ve all been there, I assure you.

I have a spreadsheet to help me remember where I have cards as default payment methods because it got a little unwieldy when I started juggling several cards for bonuses.

3 Likes

https://www.doctorofcredit.com/chase-southwest-personal-cards-signup-bonus-30000-points-companion-pass-through-2-28-25/

Easy way to get a companion pass for a year. Reach out if you need a referral link :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Southwest is going to be refitting planes with some new seats - I already use an inflatable cushion, these look like I might need to pack two of them! The device holder drops downs are nice, tho.

2 Likes

Those seats look so uncomfortable.

2 Likes

I’ve never flown Southwest (for other reasons) but now it looks like I never will :rofl:

2 Likes

When I first saw this on Instagram, that video looked to me like a comfort upgrade. But in that YouTube video? Looks much worse

Maybe I should grab up one of those cushions

3 Likes

I think some of their planes already have these seats. We had a trip from San Antonio to Houston in January on a plane with seats like this - I liked the design quite a bit. Very functional. The flight was less than an hour so I have no complaints on comfort lol

3 Likes

Good to hear! :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Thats good to hear. They just look like a thinner seat back then what I remember. But maybe they are better material.

2 Likes

It’s possible that they might actually be uncomfortable. I just didn’t notice if they weren’t. But the plane we were on was newer and nicer, so that definitely helped too.

2 Likes

Our MCO trip is about 1 hour. So I can handle that. But I was planning SW for DL nonstop. I need more intel. :joy:

4 Likes

Agree, our trip to MCO is around 2 hours so that’s okay but we were planning a possible trip next year to Hawaii and we’d fly SW to the west coast for that leg of the trip.

3 Likes

Thanks to everyone for the wealth of information here - especially JJT. I’m diving into the points and miles world this year. The learning curve is steep so I’m thankful for all the tips & links you’ve all shared. I’ve made my way through the 10x intro course and some of the other resources and threads here but I’m still a little fuzzy on the Chase 2/30 (?) rule. I applied for the Ink business card and want to do the SW personal card next for the companion pass. Do I need to wait for 30 days or is the 2/30 policy still in effect (meaning I should be okay with 2 applications within a month)? I am at 2/24 for the 5/24 rule so good there.

3 Likes

Glad the info helped you! It really can be a lot to take in, but is so worth it. :slight_smile:

To clarify your question: You are saying you have only applied for the biz Ink in the last 30 days?
If so, as I understand it you should be good to go with a SW Personal card.

For reference, when I went for my full SW CP, I got the biz card on 10/17 and the personal on 11/13.

5 Likes

Yep, exactly - just the biz ink in the last 30 days.
Perfect, I’ll jump on the SW one next. Thanks!

1 Like

I just signed up for the Marriott Bonvoy Business Amex card. 5 free 50k certificates and doesn’t count against 5/24.

2 Likes