Credit Card Rewards & Points General Thread

Well heck. My business SW card is “In Review”. Does that mean I will be denied? I didn’t put much business income but it did also ask personal income. And I only put monthly spend around $3500. I just opened the personal SW card. Any thoughts?
I hate calling! But if I must, I will. I can’t understand why I would get declined.

1 Like

Don’t take that personally (no pun intended) - biz cards go through a different process and often go into review. (Chase Ink cards seem to be 98% in review these days.) You may just find it goes through in a day or three but could also take a week or two. (I’d be surprised if it didn’t go through.)

Yes - the personal income in addition to the biz income on the app is crucial and will help.

I’d just sit it out for awhile and see what happens. Eventually when you go through enough cards we all get declined, but a call to recon can push it through. If you ever get a decline you want to read the reasons they cite in their letter (often which are bogus and generic, but still) so you can speak to them on the phone when calling

In general with the SW process - 10xTravel suggests going for the biz card first because technically it (any biz card) is harder to get. That way if someone were declined they could decide not to get the personal. But, I’d be surprised in your case even if a decline appears, that calling to recon wouldn’t be successful.

3 Likes

False alarm :smile: Just got the new card approved email. :tipping_hand_woman:

And I used your referral for both. I was going to split it but no one else has a SW referral on the spreadsheet. You definitely earned it in my book! Thanks for all the help.

6 Likes

Woohoo!

Oh my gosh - thanks for using my links twice! :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Can I add a referral link the spreadsheet?

3 Likes

Sure, it is for all Liners, was created a few years ago as a place for people to share and keep the links out the threads here and on chat. :slight_smile:

You can find the link to the sheet in my previous reply in that thread here.

Don’t post the links in the thread itself as other people started doing mistakenly. Our links will all expire eventually and it just clogs up the thread with dead links and eventually people will give up and not use anyone’s link. Also good to remember and go in and update the sheet once in awhile and check your links.

If you’re going to post another SW referral - I already made a note in my sheet entry saying I received a couple already and to use someone else’s. But since mine was the only one there for now, I left it in place. Good luck!

5 Likes

Thanks for the reminder about the spreadsheet. I just added my Southwest card to the spreadsheet!

5 Likes

I added my SW link also. I believe I used your links 2x for my cards - I should be just about done with my spend :slight_smile:

4 Likes

I noticed an offer through the Chase Disney Visa card…10% cash back at Target up to a maximum of $11 back as long as you use your Target Circle.

There appears to be no restrictions that I can see…so in theory, you could buy a $100 gift card, and get it effectively for $90. I don’t know if it would count as groceries or not, but you would get another 1% minimum in Disney rewards.

4 Likes

Reminder for any other humans that received these last year as I did - don’t forget to check your Southwest payment methods page for Promo Codes and note when they expire.

I just happened to notice a couple of codes were added to my wife’s profile that are the same offer I received last year: 2 codes good for 20% off rewards travel. As I understand it - the 20% applies to ALL tickets purchased at the same time, so is not 1-code per ticket.

Down side: They can only be used to book flights that are occurring within 14 days of travel, so they are of limited use unless you do any last minutey travel.

You can see if you have any Promo Codes by logging in to your SW account, click on Account up at top, then select the Payment header in that section. The Promo codes will be down below any travel funds listed.

I never had a reason to use them, but was curious how well they would work if I were trying to grab a flight now - usually when I check, flight prices ratchet up as the flight date nears.

Looking at flights to MCO, most are priced somewhere around 10K - 18K points one way, which isn’t even terrible compared to some late-date prices I’ve seen. But, surprisingly - in the next 2 weeks there are days I could book a NON-STOP flight out of my local airport for only 7,951!

Doing the math on some of those prices - with the 20% off:

18,031 - 20% = 14,424 points. Not too terrible.
If you are using a companion pass, that’s a very respectable 7,212 points per person.

If booking the lower flight: 7,951 - 20% = 6,360 points, or a stellar 3,180 points with a companion.

I know it is February and all, but what I found most surprising is right now I could even book a 1-stop flight out of Laguardia to San Fransisco for only 9,871 points. That would end up being 3,948 points per person across the whole country!

5 Likes

Those are great point prices! Our under $100 fares are 4-6 k points. But you rarely see that with last minute pricing.

2 Likes

I know! …and especially out of the Long Island Islip airport - usually there’s a points premium to fly out of there vs Laguardia. (But much easier to do mentally and for long term parking.)

3 Likes

Wow @JJT, some X-Files level of coincidence just occurred. Check out the screenshot I just prepared, only to realize you already had nearly the exact same thing posted:

I agree with @drvillarejos. I too am jealous of your last minute cheap flight selection!

3 Likes

Hahaha!

5 Likes

I came across this useful post on the Frequent Miler blog that has direct links to register for quarter 1 (through March 31) spending offers on Chase “cobranded” cards.

ETA: these offers are targeted, so YMMV.

These cards include Disney, Southwest, Hyatt, Marriott Bonvoy, Ritz, United, IHG, Amazon Prime, and others.

The spending categories are gas stations, grocery stores, and restaurants. The bonus for most of these is 5x points or 5% on up to $1000 spent.

An example of one of these spending offers is below:

4 Likes

Awesome!
5% on same categories for SW visas

1 Like

Unfortunately, it didn’t work for me. :face_with_diagonal_mouth:

1 Like

Do you mean once you put in your last name, last four numbers of the card, and your zip code that it didn’t work?

What card variety are you trying to activate for?

2 Likes

Thanks for the links! Unfortunately…I got a rock. (nothing on any of them!)

2 Likes

Correct. When I put in my info, it gave me some message indicating it wouldn’t work for me. I have the Disney Premiere Visa.

2 Likes