Creative ways to carry Touring Plan?

So, Christmas trip 2015/16…I face planted on Main Street USA and dropped my phone face down…I wasn’t hurt, but my phone was…no more MDX, no way to call dh(who had a blackberry…useless!) and no LINES app!!! Ack! If you don’t have your device available…hard copies are important! Just a thought!

2 Likes

I didn’t know that sheet protectors existed in half size! I was planning on using full-sized ones, but wasn’t excited about the size. Looks like I’ll have to stop at an office store in the next 3 weeks. Thanks for the tip!

1 Like

Just in case you’re busy like me…
C-Line Top Loading Heavyweight Poly Sheet Protectors, Clear, Mini Size, 8.5 x 5.5 Inches, 50 per Box (62058) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0006NI6HA/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_n0cVybHC5BGWF

2 Likes

@Ommax3 I lost my phone 1/2 way thru a 7 day vacation - in Bush Gardens Williamsburg. It was the longest 4 days of my life, then an additional 1-2 days after returning home before I could go to the cellphone provider store to replace it. It was not pleasant. I try to not bring my phone out of my purse in crowded places anymore. I feel like I lost it because I was overwhelmed by people, and trying to do too much - take pictures with it, and not lose a 3 year old.

1 Like

My DH lost his brand new phone midnight of the first day of our two week road trip. We were 1800 Miles and 3 states away before he realised he left it behind. Tried to report it, but they wouldn’t report an event that happened in another state. His phone was out only camera on that trip. Oops. Had to wait two weeks until we got home to report it and then go about replacing it on insurance. It was pretty awful, especially without being contactable and driving in the middle of nowhere at times, not being able to split our group up etc.

1 Like

Mine was brand new too. Not even 2 months old. I was far from thrilled. Even with insurance, it was expensive to replace.

Wrist tattoos. Although you have to be really committed to your plan.

These hiking map cases are useful on trips where you want to have an itinerary backup handy:

1 Like