Creative Ideas for Character Autographs

I used a 6 x 6 inch mini scrapbook & picked out appropriate complementing paper for signature & background for the picture we took with the character. We carried only autograph paper (in a Ziploc) & put the signed papers into the scrapbook each night. Used mini clipboards for easy signing surface.

3 Likes

We did index cards last trip. I used a coupon organizer to keep them in at the parkā€¦it worked great!

1 Like

After looking everywhere for one that had everything I wanted, I finally made ddā€™s. Used cardstock cut info 7x7 squares. Each character had their own 2 page spread with stickers of them. A lot of the characters got really excited about that. Especially goofy! He ran over to donald to brag, which made donald mad. It was amazing! When we got home, I added pics of dd with the character on the opposite page. I left plenty of blank pages for unanticipated characters and decorated them later. It took a little time, but was inexpensive and fun.

5 Likes

@BreaSC How did you keep the frame from getting all beat up in the park? Just wondering if Iā€™m missing an easy solutionā€¦

There is an updated encyclopedia with A and E. JUst got it from amazon. It looks like the book jacket could be removed and used for autographs, then framed.

1 Like

Will there be Autograph Books available in the AKL gift shop? We are arriving later this time than last and last time we got them at DTD. I seem to remember them being available in the ASMu gift shop thoughā€¦ Hoping so, otherwise our FIRST stop will be in the Emporium on Main St to get oneā€¦

They had some sitting on the cash desks in Jambo gift shop when we were there in March :slight_smile:
Small A5 sized ones if I remember correctly

1 Like

We also did a frame. It did not make it home in 100% perfect condition, but it was ok. I actually slid it into an envelope that we got when we purchased a ride photo, then put it in our backpack. Having to carry it around is one of the biggest challenges for us. But it still looked really cute.

2 Likes

Hmmm. Ok, thanks. Iā€™m thinking of doing a black mat with metallic Sharpie markers. Maybe a different one from each park. Iā€™ll let you know if I come up with any ways to tote it around :smile:

3 Likes

Has anyone done the fabric squares to make into a quilt when you get home? My girls are getting into sewing and the end product sounds great, but messing with the squares in the parks seems like a pain.

2 Likes

We did MakIt plates two years ago. I taped the paper template onto a piece of cardboard (which we stored safely in a large ziplock inside our stroller) and brought our own markers. The finished plates took about 2 weeks to arrive and cost about $14 each, but we use them daily. We did standard signatures on some plates. In Epcot we got creative and had a cast member from each country write in their native language either a greeting or their own equivalent of Bon Appetite.

7 Likes

Othersā€¦

6 Likes

I ordered quilts from etsy. I was going to do the squares, but I realized I would never actually get them made :slight_smile:

There is no extra space in the back of our book, but if you take it to get bound at Staples you could possibly get pages added.?

1 Like

Someone posted a picture of their quilt and it was amazing! I wish I knew who it was to message themā€¦ Anyone remember?

2 Likes

These are awesome!

1 Like

We had them sign the inside cover. The newest volume had nearly everyone including Anna and Elsaā€¦Missing Sofia and Jake.

1 Like

I was wondering who earlier! It was so cute! I hope they read this and post it here.

I really like the idea of the book but I am nervous about the size. I would need to bring 2 (girls 9 & 6) - after to books are spiral bound, are they still as heavy? Of courseā€¦by removing the hard cover.

Our girls are 9&6 as well, plus DS3. We purchased one book for the family to share and they are fine with it. But I decided to leave the hardback cover on. I did buy a cheap canvas bag at the craft store for them to carry it in.