Creating Extra Magic

Here is the link to a thread describing the fairy god mailer

With the link in the thread to the doc.

Has anyone suggested buying dollar store glow sticks and handing out some to parents for their children?

2 Likes

Thank you!

Offering to take a photo so the person taking the picture can be in the shot is my favorite way to spread magic wherever we travel.

3 Likes

Glow sticks and necklaces during night parades and shows.

1 Like

We included a bag of stickers with each pixie dust delivery. The direction was for the kids to share the joy. My older son used them while we waited in line to see the Seven Dwarves at the Christmas Party. Kept the little child in line ahead of us entertained and then she charmed everyone by handing each dwarf one of the stickers sheā€™d just received.

We also received quite a bit of pixy dust including a family passing along their popcorn bucket to us at the end of their trip/start of our trip. I wanted to do the same but got caught up wrangling the kids alone so the bucket didnā€™t get passed along.

1 Like

This is a great tip!

Get your kids hooked on pressed pennies early in life. It will save you hundreds of dollars in souvenirs and create a lasting (and compact) way to remember vacations. They have the machines everywhere, not just at WDW. Small plastic booklets are available to hold the pennies and keep them in order.

Look for pre-1982 pennies (they have no zinc which can mottle the copper color). We would soak ours in vinegar to shine them up before a trip.

My kids are adults and donā€™t collect the pennies anymore, but they still love to look through the booklets.

3 Likes

Bumping this topicā€¦
My family is composed of adults over the age of 25 and we are able to visit WDW on a regular basis.
Weā€™d like to be able to pay it forward and add a some extra magic to families visiting WDW.
Does anyone know what kind of extra pixie dust works these days?