Covid Related Monorail Question

How safe do you feel the monorail is right now? Our family’s current comfort level is trying to limit time indoors but we do not avoid it completely. I am fine taking my kids to Target (less time, moving) but we do not eat indoors (more time, stationary). Where do you feel the monorail falls? It’s a very small space with limited airflow because the doors aren’t open for very long. I’m more concerned about walking into the air that another family has just vacated than the family in the other partition.
What do you think?

Personally, I have no issue riding the monorail and did it extensively in November when I stayed at the Contemporary.

But based on what you’ve shared, I would not think you would be comfortable on the monorail at all. Especially now that more partitions have been added to allow them to load more people.

1 Like

I avoid it personally and opt to use the boats or walkways. Not saying that it’s completely unsafe but when there is a safer option I take it. I actually feel more uncomfortable on the skyliner and buses.

Why the skyliner? My understanding is that you’re only with your family/party on a gondola so you’re not being exposed to other people, and the Skyliner gondola :mountain_cableway: is always open so there’s always air circulating through it. The monorail is another issue because the car will have several doors opening into it and while they put up barricades airflow can still circulate.

I encountered some closed vents on the skyliner. I’m sure they are supposed to be open but some aren’t. I don’t like that it’s such a confined space and people tend to take masks off inside because they’re alone. I will ride it cause I don’t think the risk is extreme but I also don’t think it’s the safest option.

1 Like

We Always use hand sanitizer when we get off the gondola. Just because it’s there not because I was thinking about who was in the gondola before me. You’re making me have second thoughts but I am going to push them aside Hah Hah Hah

1 Like

I was wondering about that as well. It looked like half the gondolas had vents closed this morning. Are they easy to open?
We road the skyliner without thinking much about it. :face_with_hand_over_mouth:

Yes, Skyliner vents are very easy to open or close.

1 Like

I had no idea I had control over them!

Really good point. I’m probably more lax than most, but this is a valid concern on the monorail. Yes, there are signs to keep mask on entire time, but it’s inevitable for a good number of people to use that as a mask break since it can’t be enforced, so it’s quite possible to enter a compartment after a large maskless family has just exhaled a large volume with minimal ventilation, and it’s fair to enter that possibility into your risk assessment.

1 Like

Thanks, everyone for your input. I think we’ll skip the monorail for now.

1 Like

I just purchased some of the fda approved KN95 masks. Like a lot of them and we’re gonna double with one of those with a cute disney mask over it. I hand sanitizer after every ride and don’t touch my face and make sure to always shower at night before getting in bed. I felt really safe at Disney even on the busses but I do try to eat outdoors. The place I started to get shooting neck pains from stress was MCO.

1 Like