Counter Service at DLR

I seem to remember reading somewhere that much of the counter service is mobile ordering.
I also think I’ve read that you can’t use mobile order and gift cards.
I have close to $1000 on my Disney Rewards and was hoping to use them for dining.
Am I out of luck?

2 Likes

You can use gift cards on mobile order. You just have to either scan or enter the number.

The new Disney gift cards at Target can be scanned. If you buy one of those physical cards, you can use the Disney gift card balance website to move additional funds from other gift cards to it.

3 Likes

I used my Disney Rewards for mobile order a couple times last year… You have to scroll down a little to find the option to pay that way, but it’s straightforward when you use it.

3 Likes

When I was there a few months ago, most of the places still had physical lines, but mobile ordering was also possible. But, yeah, using gift cards / rewards is possible, but it’s just a little bit more of a hassle, as MDE won’t save your GC number.

2 Likes

Recently Disney allowed you to use your points post purchase. So if you use the Disney Visa Credit Card you can go within something like 90 days and apply the post after the fact. That’s what I’ve been doing ever since they implemented that change. It’s so much easier than using the rewards card.

3 Likes

See the pay yourself back option:

and its grayed out for me because I already used my points this way but you can still see how it would work if I had points LOL You just select one of those purchases and apply however much you have toward it.

3 Likes

I think very early on in mobile ordering there was no gift card option AND that when DL first re-opened in 2021 it was almost exclusively mobile ordering. But now they have a way to use gift cards/rewards cards in the app and they’ve expanded physical lines for a lot of things (but not everything).

I know for sure Cozy Cones are only mobile ordering but I can’t off the top of my head think of anything else that only has a mobile ordering. We use mobile ordering almost exclusively though as it’s so much easier rounding up orders for a family of 6 at my phone than at a window/counter.

But if you have the option to use the “Pay yourself back” option, that looks to be very simple and avoids having to copy/paste or type in everytime, the gift card/rewards card number (bc yes DL’s app will not store it/remember it).

1 Like

So I can just charge it and after I get home I can apply to the DLR meals?! It will have it earmarked?

Yes

That’s what I used my points on. Post Christmas WDW trip and all the restaurants, stores, hotel it knows and it only allows you to apply your funds to Disney ones.

1 Like

This is so much better than I’d hoped for. Yay!!!

Thank you. :heart:

2 Likes