Countdown thread 9 January 2016

Hi everyone

I’m at 297, so in honour of finally dropping below 300, I thought we’d have a countdown thread.

I’m bringing my husband, 2 sons (7 and 19), my mum, and my BFF.

BFF (it’ll be her first visit) and I are planning on doing the wine and dine half (first time doing a rundisney event for both of us), and we’re all looking forward to the food and wine festival - haven’t been at this time of year since 2006.

What’s your countdown? Looking forward to trying something new?

2 Likes

Good morning! I am at 99 and 237! Right now the plan is that I will be traveling with my son (23) , his girlfriend and her 20 month old son (his age during the April trip). Ho knows what the travel party will actually be four months from now!

4 Likes

Even though our December trip is still large in our rear view mirror…we do have a return trip in the early planning stages for April, 2017. There will be no running involved unless being chased by rioting characters.

4 Likes

152 days!

2 Likes

Hi There!
116 Days for me. Heading down in May and am so excited!! It will be the first time taking some of the backstage tours for me next trip. I have Keys to the Magic Kingdom and Behind the Seeds lined up. Also Afternoon Tea at the Grand Floridian, another first!

3 Likes

Ooh Afternoon Tea at the Grand Floridian sounds great - I’m hoping to convince someone to do that with me.

2 Likes

@Ellen1976, I am going to Florida on April 22 and flying into Orlando. We are driving to Cocoa Beach for my husband’s submarine reunion. Friends from New York will be there as well. We will stay 2 nights and be busy all day Saturday with reunion activities.

On Sunday April 24, we will drive back to the airport and take magical express to POP. I am hoping Rivers of Light starts on April 22 which is Earth day and AK’s anniversary. Of course, we will need to see the castle and I have never been there for Flower and Garden so Epcot is a must. We may hit HS for the Launch Bay. Hubby is watching Empire Strikes Back again. We fly home Tuesday. Since we should arrive Friday morning, we may hit Kennedy space station since it is near where we are staying.

The hotel had a $20 fee if you want to leave your car there and have them take you to a cruise ship. It is about an hour from Orlando.

Both hotels are booked and I booked flights on Thursday. We got the invite to the reunion the day we got home from our November trip. Hubby has to send the check for the reunion activies. We also need to rent a car.

2 Likes

I couldn’t convince anyone to join me for tea so I’m flying solo for that one! (Another first…solo dining at WDW!)

2 Likes

Sounds like a fun trip!

1 Like

259 more days for us. We are looking forward to our first MNSSHP!

1 Like

I wish I could fly down when you’re there. I would love to have tea with you at GF! :smile:

2 Likes

I may skip Kennedy Center since admission is $50. We wouldn’t get there untIL lunch time. May have to hit the beach instead. There is a mixer for the reunion in the evening and drinks will be provided.

2 Likes

Oh I wish you could too! We’ll have to put it on the ‘one day’ list!

1 Like

Yes, we will!

1 Like

My count is 78 days! My DD will be there on her band trip. Her brothers and I will watch her perform at Disney Springs. That will be a new experience! Since it is spring break and will be very crowded we are planning fewer park days and more resort days. For part of the trip, we will stay at AKL. There looks like there will be a lot to do there. I’m excited!

@Ellen1976, if you would still like a little more company on your trip, I’d love to have tea with you! The tea at the GF is a really nice thing to do.

4 Likes

I love AKL so much - looks like a lovely place to stay if you are wanting some more resort time. Boma is pretty much my absolute favourite restaurant at WDW.

No question - you HAVE to have afternoon tea with me at the GF! I still can’t quite believe I’m going to get to meet you!

2 Likes

I love AKL! I was so upset that I was not staying there this year that I added two nights just to get my “fix”.

2 Likes

I am so excited to meet you and your family. I haven’t made a reservation yet as life has been changing here so much with Rick’s new job. As we get closer, you can let me good times for you so that I don’t mess up any of your plans. You, my dear, I think, are going to be a hot commodity when you touch down in Orlando!

After going to lunch at Sanna the other day, I got so excited to bring my boys to AKL. I really think they are going to love it. We are only staying two nights but I have one entire day planned there.

2 Likes

73 days until Poly DVC. Will be there with DW, DD’s 10,19, DS 15, Disney in laws, DSIL and DN 6.

4 Likes

I thought I remembered that our trips overlap. I hope we get a chance to say hi!

1 Like