12 Likes

9 Likes

14 Likes

New countdown…

17 Likes

Yay!!

4 Likes

Cedar Point/ OH Camping trip.

This part of the ride “Maverick” reminds me of “Velocicoaster”.

12 Likes

IMG_5142

To Disneyland

11 Likes

8 Likes

IMG_5146

to Disneyland!

9 Likes

16 Likes

21 hour flight?!? Please tell me there’s a layover somewhere.

5 Likes

14hr flight and 1hr flight, but 21hrs of travel in total.

I leave NYC at 1:45pm and arrive in Tanzania the next day at 10:30am (or is it 1130am) NYC time

I am on the ground in Kenya for 6hrs

8 Likes

30 days!!!

7 Likes

Wow.

6 Likes

Tim finally bought plane tickets the other day for his trip to Kenya in late August. He is taking this same flight from JFK to Nairobi as you, after I mentioned it was the one you were taking. He was looking more at going to Seattle, then somewhere, then Nairobi but all of those flights had either 55 minute layovers (no way that works when landing in a foreign country) or 12 hour layovers in places he didn’t want to be. He’ll fly to NY the day before (since no possible way to get there from here for a 1:45pm flight), then I mentioned he should stay at the TWA hotel but not sure if he will. Thanks for the heads up on that flight!

8 Likes

I’m doing the same. Too scary to try to make sure to get a morning flight there in time.

I’ll report back on my experience!

YW! I literally had nothing to do with it :laughing:

I’m a little worried that 6hrs on the ground will be excruciating but there are some lounges you can purchase access to that have tvs and showers and such so depending on how I feel I might do that. I’m sure I’ll definitely want to eat something and stretch my legs quite a bit too.

Has he ever flown Kenya Airways?

7 Likes

No, he never has. His brother flies back and forth to the states every 3 months or so but usually flies Emirates or Qatar. At least with 6 hours on the ground you can walk around easily, beats 6 hours more on a plane! But it is such a long journey. I don’t know how my BIL does it so frequently. He doesn’t always come all the way to Boise, but many times he does. So much travel!

6 Likes

Yeah 21hrs total. Well, then I have a 40 minute ride to my first lodge.

I just downloaded an app called Timeshifter that is supposed to help minimize jet lag. It tells you, beginning a couple of days before travel, when to expose yourself to light (especially sunlight) when to have caffeine if needed or desired, when to try to sleep or nap. It will send me push notifications starting on 6/28 for my 6/30 journey.

9 Likes