Countdown pictures (Part 1)

7 Likes

7 Likes

Forgot to post yesterday. Whoops. Oh well.

8 Likes

10Days

9 Likes

I am also as equally happy for my kids for whom a trip to Camp Nanapapa is the trip of a lifetime! They sometimes cry when we come home.

5 Likes

Had a near miss this week that threatened to derail. DD18 got a speeding ticket at the end of August. In NH for those under age 20, that means you have to appear in court and may have your license suspended. My mom is staying with the kids, but she works full time and DD18 is responsible for the majority of transportation for herself and DS while we are gone. Her summons came late last week with a court date of 9/19 - smack in the middle of our trip. However the summons offered the option to appear on any day EARLIER than the date of summons, so she and DH went Thursday. They were agreeable to leniency given she needs her car to get to school and work, and that she will be responsible for getting DS to school as well. But she has to be squeaky clean for the next year or she’ll get the max suspension (45 days) PLUS the 20 day first offense suspension. I had been so stressed out wondering what we would do if she had no license. I’m glad that’s behind us and will start packing today!

8 Likes

That’s stressful. Glad it all worked out!

4 Likes

Yikes! If you don’t mind answering, was this necessary because she was going more than a nominal amount over? Or is a court appearance required regardless?

4 Likes

She was going 10 over in a 30. But is required regardless of the infraction. Any moving violation for those under the age of 20 results in potential suspension.

4 Likes

Wow! That is shockingly strict compared to here. I’m sure it cuts down on some reckless behavior. Glad it got taken care of before your trip.

5 Likes

It’s new since we were kids. They put a lot of rules in place to try and safeguard teen drivers’ lives. All kinds of things about who you’re allowed to have as passengers and curfews and the like. I’m sure it curbs recklessness as you said.

5 Likes

Got the kids all sorted to be sure transportation is covered between DD and my Mom for Luke
Planned a menu for their dinners
Pre-packed in my head.

Work week ahead.
Happy for a Saturday night departure which pads my timeline a bit in terms of prepping

9 Likes

Geez that is a little extreme and definitely changed since from when I was a teenager! I hope it wasn’t too much $$$$ too!

4 Likes

I actually left this exact CD in a rental car at WDW back in 2008!

7 Likes

It was just shy of $100, which she paid immediately upon return home after receiving the citation. I think that helped her case, too.

Yes, it’s a lot different than when we were kids. The rules are really really tight now.

5 Likes

We keep changing our check-in day and I keep forgetting that it means a shorter countdown!

5 Likes

8 Likes

See you there? Or are you going to DLR?

4 Likes

Yes, are you? I’m Nov 11-17. Oh I see, you’re doing WDW.

3 Likes

Yep! We’ll be at BWV and BLT from the 11-20!

3 Likes