Countdown pictures (Part 1)

I already invited a friend to crash with me, but I am sure between all of us we could find someplace for you to sleep. :grin:

5 Likes

Perhaps a note about how I don’t like sharing rooms?

I seriously seriously wish I could come to WDW. I hate that I’m missing this. But I really can’t swing it. And I know even if I just came “to stay” I’d get there and blow all my Africa money and I still have to pay that trip off so that can’t happen.

8 Likes

Miss this class act player as a Cub!

5 Likes

Or …

OMFG I’m going to cry just looking at these effing gifs.

10 Likes

YES! This is the Bambi moment I meant.

THAT was the first movie my parents took me to see. They had decided 3 was the magic age to see a first movie, and Bambi was the re-release of the year. It’s a wonder I ever went back to a theater!! (They remind me that I was so into it I was jumping up and down and screaming “Run Bambi! Run!” during the forest fire scene.)

4 Likes

Umbridge for sure. I think Petunia somewhat redeems herself by the end of the series when you see 1) why she was so rotten (jealousy of her sister) and 2) that Dumbledore had been communicating with her and she was trying to protect Harry through it all.

It’s hard to say she was any meaner to Harry than Snape (who similarly tried to protect Harry despite not liking him), except that since he lived with her through his childhood, he was likely much more emotionally scarred by not having her approval.

5 Likes

When I was at Disneyland a few weeks ago, we were in line for Storybookland Canal Boats at 10:30pm when the Encanto projection show started at It’s a Small World nearby. EVERYONE in the line instantly started singing along to We Don’t Talk About Bruno. Everyone. Every word. It was hilarious, but also one of those moments when I felt like humanity has a future.

6 Likes

I took my 3 yo niece to see a re-release of A New Hope. She was a bit young. Inattentive for most of the movie tho she declared “Pretty!!” at the destruction of Alderan. And required numerous restroom trips - a thing not outgrown.

I don’t know if I have a saddest moment. I can be much more sad at Quill’s reaction to Gamora’s death than her actual passing. Or Yondu’s. Or the big guy’s tossing a bench across the lake.

6 Likes

I think Snape was a helluva lot more active in that regard.
Literally all Petunia did was let him linger in her house and I think that was because she was bullied into it by Dumbledore. It definitely wasn’t out of any sense of regretful duty, loyalty or love for Lily. If it had been she would’ve treated Harry better.

3 Likes

Agreed, but I think there was a moment in the last book where she softened up a bit. I can’t remember exactly but I just have that impression in my mind.

Congrats! This is awesome. Just goes to show that you can never say for sure how far out your next trip will be.

8 Likes

Yes. That moment when he realizes what Nebula has said and it sinks in.

I know people love to hate on him for that, but look at his whole life story. Everyone he’s cared about/has cared for him has died. His mother. Yondu. And then Gamora. Really, I defy anyone to HONESTLY say they would have kept their calm at that point.

6 Likes

During the parting of the ways, I think she might have looked at him fleetingly without the usual disgusted look on her face. That’s pretty much it!

However, during that scene I definitely softened to Dudley. It seemed that ever since Harry saved him from the Dementors that Dudley had positively changed his perception of Harry. Keep in mind that Dudley’s original perception of Harry had been wrongly instilled in him by his parents!!

3 Likes

Oh, no way. His reaction was spot on. The Guardians are a force to be reckoned with - as we see briefly in Infinity War - and I think their soft cores make that possible.

6 Likes

YES! And they all have one - even Gamora and Nebula, who outwardly would seem to be the toughest.

(Ok, well…Rocket too. But he genuinely loves Groot!)

3 Likes

Yup. Rocket is a softy too. Initially with Groot (“you dast idiot”) but eventually all of them.

Of course, they have to be written that way or we wouldn’t like them. :blush:

Nebula just needed to know it was OK.

5 Likes

Love him

5 Likes

I hope we can experience something like this. I am a huge fan of Encanto!

5 Likes

How many places have I read “just don’t let Rocket die” when folks are discussing sequels.

4 Likes

I just added my upcoming trips to Touring Plans. Might as well post my countdown today?

Disneyland (John Williams Weekend Getaway Reprise):

WDW (Family Vacation 2023):

10 Likes

Yes! Tony gets upset with him when Tony himself reacted the same way in Winter Soldier when he saw who killed his parents.

3 Likes