Could this finally be the end for Chapek?

No, it’s a lot of work and not something I really have the time to put into. Two kids and a pretty busy job are enough.

5 Likes

That’s kind of where I landed on that as well. Years ago, I had a personal blog which I used originally to talk about writing in general, but then transitioned to a blog dedicated to parenting. Specifically, I would share anecdotes of parenting 4 kids (at the time), while also providing parenting advice. I had developed a following for a while. But, it ended up taking more time than I really wanted to dedicate to it, so I eventually just took it down.

3 Likes

Case in point (for both quotes): Twitter Blue verification was a complete disaster in exactly the ways everyone predicted

5 Likes

Friday afternoon breaking news. Chapek has hiring freeze at Disney

1 Like

If you read the details it’s a targeted hiring freeze and it seems aimed on the content side specifically. I’ve heard that hiring at the parks is still continuing, hopefully that’s true.

But this is what happens when Wall Street throws a tantrum.

4 Likes

Looks like I was ahead of the board on this one!

6 Likes

Quick. What do you think the winning numbers for Mega Millions lottery are going to be

3 Likes

1-2-3-4-5-15 28

2 Likes

Thank goodness it’s not 4,8,15,16,23 & (edit) 42

2 Likes

wasn’t it 42?

2 Likes

Sorry fat fingers. Yes 42

3 Likes

Did you just call me fat fingers?

:open_mouth:

3 Likes

Number Pinball GIF by Sesame Street - Find & Share on GIPHY

5 Likes

I can hear this :laughing:

5 Likes

Me, too! Actually, I was just singing it to my kids yesterday. (Yes. There was a conversational context where it applied! )

2 Likes

Same! :joy:

3 Likes

You end up with someone like me: a perfectionist with a crippling fear of failure.

4 Likes

Really? It usually just pops into my head like the Triple Dent gum commerical.

(huh, y’know, the animation is a LOT funnier if you’re not distracted by the story going on.)

5 Likes