Could this finally be the end for Chapek?

Could this be it for Chapek? This eps was a complete disaster and the stock is at the lowest levels its seen since 2014. Many analysts called it a complete disaster and said that Chapek just doesn’t get it. Jim Cramer said he should be fired live on air on CNBC

Please tell me its going to happen? WDW has been awful under his rule

7 Likes

:astonished: that’s huge!

2 Likes
4 Likes

Well that’s heartening. Though I don’t believe anything will happen.

however it would be a good time to buy Disney Stock while it’s doing the [not so annual pass] 40% off :rofl:

6 Likes

Until Chapek gets Disney out from under the absolute disaster Iger left him with (amassing as much debt as the company was worth), I don’t think we can fully assess Chapek…and even if they fired him, I don’t know that anything can change until they address the Iger debt problem. Meaning, whoever steps in to replace him wouldn’t be much better due to the circumstances.

2 Likes

There is a disconnect between financial analysts problems with Chapek and WDW fans’ problems. Their major concerns are the money drain of Disney+ and will it ever be profitable. For the most part the financial analysts really love the changes in the parks that are increasing short term profitability that are the major concern of the WDW fans

2 Likes

What is this?

1 Like

Earnings per share

A key stock performance measurement

Analysts estimate was 55 cents per share. Actual was 30 cents. Disney+ lost $1.5 Billion, the prior year it Was $630 million

2 Likes

Careful what you wish for. If Chapek were to get pushed out for Jim Cramer’s reasons, he might get replaced with some outsider corporate raider Elon Musk type, who has even less loyalty to Walt’s vision, and would milk the parks even more.

4 Likes

Ah, the old “devil you know vs the devil you don’t” argument.

3 Likes

But he has a grandpa beard now :innocent:

4 Likes

Anyone else getting hit with Disney commercials touting how they give opportunities to Veterans? I have seen 3 in the last hour.

With elections finished, someone did a huge ad buy that seems to be directed at Disney’s image, and I am watching MSNBC…

2 Likes

Ours are touting the Disney Aspire program for employees. See it a few times a day.

1 Like

:scream::scream::scream::scream::scream:

10 Likes

No commercials but I vowed not to watch national news till Sunday. Currently watching the “Chicagos”. Chicago PD just started.

Lickily the Disney ads are quite pleasant and seriously not trying to sell you anything but their image!

2 Likes

Well damn, lol. Now I wanna see them :grin:

Soon enough I am sure :rofl:

1 Like

eps is short for earnings…

1 Like

I would LOVE Elon Musk to be CEO of WDW

5 Likes