Could someone explain this?

I did a search signed in and not… How can FL res (not signed in on rt) have a better rate than AP (signed in on lft)??? I am also a FL res. but as soon as I signed in the rate doubled on AoA. Dates and no. of ppl the same for both searches.

1 Like

Maybe they only have suites available for the AP rate but FL resident is showing regular room rate?

1 Like

Should signing in make a cost change?

1 Like

With Disney IT who knows. :joy:

3 Likes

It is definitely showing you rates for two different room categories. The standard rate gives it away. The AP ($568) looks like a suite and the FL resident ($273) looks like a regular room. I wouldn’t be surprised if they only make a certain number of rooms in each category available for a certain rate, so it is showing you the the rate for the cheapest available room category that fits your search.

4 Likes

Did you click on the details and open each one? Sometimes when I have done that the cost is lowered.

I know it makes no sense, but that is what it does.

3 Likes

I wonder what the rate would look like with a TA?

1 Like

OK… that makes sense, I guess I’ll have to call in to get the FL res rate. Thanks!

Yes, I did… and there are choices that match and go up, of course.

That’s exactly what it is. Different discounts have different buckets of rooms. The one room discount has little mermaid rooms available, they may also have suites, but they’ll always show the cheapest room on that screen. The other discount doesn’t have the mermaid rooms available.

3 Likes

Thank you, it does mean that I’d have to call in though, right? Haven’t done it yet… :smirk: A 1-2 hour wait/hold time isn’t appealing

2 Likes

Not necessarily. In the screen where the prices come up, there should be a spot in the upper right that will let you change from an AP discount to a FL res, or to full price.
If that doesn’t work, then it might be glitching and then you’d have to call.

2 Likes

oh cool, I’ll try that… need to make a decision and convince DH :wink: He won’t let me use DVC points :woman_shrugging:

It’s after you select a resort…

2 Likes

What’s super annoying is when it just randomly switches to Package.

4 Likes

Yes!!

2 Likes