Coronavirus Outbreak: Part 3

I honestly did not think you would be facing this situation again. I’m so sorry.

4 Likes

That is one family that if you see them going one direction, quickly go the other way.

3 Likes

We have a staff member here who is not vaccinated but found a loophole in our reopening plan that allows him to go unmasked. I overheard him saying to my manager, “I’m a white male with type O blood. I’m not going to get COVID!” I was completely befuddled by this logic, but okay. I give him a wide berth and I don’t care if he’s offended by that.

5 Likes

Me too!

2 Likes

I am so very sorry

3 Likes

Funny my dad just called to tell me he heard that Moderna is still 93% effective at 6 months. I don’t know his source, but that’s good news.

4 Likes

Washington post had a store on it I believe.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/nation/2021/08/05/coronavirus-covid-live-updates-us/

2 Likes

Maybe she think he’s a “crisis actor”? :persevere:

5 Likes

I have no idea. They are deeply religious, but that’s no reason to die a horrible death suffocating on a virus you don’t believe in.

3 Likes

Lol that’s definitely the headline! Thanks for sharing.

Incredibly, I’m still on the fence and still can’t bring myself to pull the plug on our vacation (flight is 8/22). The 3 primary variables currently holding me back are (1) the possibility that Florida will be past the curve in 2 weeks, while it might be on the upswing in whatever alternate locale we choose, (2) lots of people seem to be cancelling for the same time period (we typically go to WDW at the end of Aug because the crowds are so low, and it looks like they might be lower than usual this year, making it somewhat safer), and (3) the possibility that most folks will be wearing masks and maintaining distance. Is this all just wishful thinking on my part?

4 Likes

I think masks are possible but most of the medical advice I ha e seen lately is dropping the social distancing piece except for meals.

1 Like

It’s hard to tell since Florida reports cases once a week and Friday was the largest number they’ve ever reported.

But they do report hospitalizations daily and they reported about the same number two days in a row. It does look like the curve is flattening. So maybe we’ll see an inflection soon. :crossed_fingers: That doesn’t mean things will be peachy in 2 weeks, but they could be on their way down.

3 Likes

Hi Eeyore-You sound like me. We fly in on the 21st and everything you stated is on my mind. I also changed my resort to Pop to have the exterior entrances and SL. It may not reduce the risk too much, but for me its the “feeling” of being safer. Best wished with your decision. Today we are sharing the same thoughts, however, that can change at any moment. Would love updates.

I had issues adding a night for MONTHS and just managed to do it with no issues this morning. Go away crowds.

4 Likes

Also in the same boat. We leave 9/2 and hoping the curve starts declining by then.

For now our plan is to go and wear KN95 masks. Unfortunately my oldest will be in public schools with no mask mandate/social distancing and the 2yo is in childcare so I feel like Disney isn’t much riskier than our normal life :pensive:

3 Likes

So sometime in the next 10 months or so. Way to be vague.

3 Likes

I am so sorry to hear that your school isn’t doing the right thing.

By the way, there is that saying that all elections are local. This is an example of why local elections matter so much.

3 Likes

I’m sorry!:pensive:

1 Like

I know that the Mardi Gras is out now on its maiden voyage. I’ll be curious to see how that pans out. I think that Carnival has announced that full time mask wear will be instituted for cruises departing on or after 8/7.

I am so sorry for all of this. You are an amazing mother and human being and healthcare worker to still be on the frontlines. After typing and deleting a lot, I will just send virtual hugs (and maybe a lot of SMDH at the situation).

9 Likes